How far ahead are you on wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have about 4 cord of hedge cut and split for next year. I want to cut 2 more cords for next year to be sure there is enough. I ran out of dry wood at the end of January so used some of next years supply this year. I sold too much wood and ran short.

I also have about 2 cords of elm, 2 cords of mulberry, and 8 cords of hedge to sell for next year.

That 8 cords of hedge should give you plenty of good heat!

Split this about a month ago with the splitting maul in the picture...

attachment.php

And this today with the Hyd splittler

attachment.php

For all those who say, why a log lift, this is why

attachment.php

That's my wood cutting buddy in the back ground,
but can you imagine my 65yr old a$$ and 100yr old back after a day of trying to manhandle those things to a vertical only splitter... no thanks

Last edited:
30+ cord B Locust and around 10 of Willow. 6 cord willow spoken for and I don't sell Locust :). One of these years I am going to do something stupid and screw up my back or sumpin and I want something in the stacks to carry me through my old age (when I get there) ;)

Harry K

about 10 years under roof always hear do you sale it no can I get a little for a camp fire no would not mind it if they would come out on a frozen morning about zero with me almost no one is there to help split an sack got little bit off topic just called tight wad oh well

I gotta get cuttin. I got 1 thats dry, three that are dryin, three that are still rounds on the grounds. Need more, gotta have more

attachment.php

That's my wood cutting buddy in the back ground,
but can you imagine my 65yr old a$$ and 100yr old back after a day of trying to manhandle those things to a vertical only splitter... no thanks

I'd have me a pile of noodles after reducing that one down to lifting size! :cheers:

I swear , tom's wood pics never sem to change. Its like he stacks the wood in the exact same spot every time he takes a pic.

Or he just needs to take some new pics:check::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

way ahead!!!!!

Working on year 4, over 20 full cord of mixed hardwood, may have to sell some.:clap:

I have 15 cords left over split and piled at the house. At the FIL's, I have 10 seasoned cords that need to be split. I just hauled in 12 cords of green wood Thursday night and all day Friday. I rented a dump trailer and put my older brother to work. I have about another 30 cord left standing in a fence row that needs to be felled, limbed, and bucked.

I need to take a break for a bit as it seems like all my spare time in the last 6 weeks has been dedicated to working the saws and back.

Did a lot of stacking this week and the wood shed is full. That plus the wood that's already "rounds on the grounds", (I like that), means that I have a legitimate 3 years worth of wood. Probably a little more actually, plus I've got more wood on the way from my buddies logging site. Not looking to hoard it, but I've got saws to play with, and there's wood to cut, so I'm gonna be throwin chips. I was talking to a couple buddies at the local gin mill tonight and I'm going to hook them up with some of this wood pretty cheap. Gotta share, right? :givebeer:

A good friend who was low on wood asked about it and I said "You want it, it's your's". He picked up my bar tab for a burger and two pints of porter, so I guess I'm in the firewood biz.

I'll take you on a bar tour here in SW PA. At that price, you'll never have to buy food OR pay for a Beer.

Latest posts

Back