How I baby my 2 stoke motors.... 30-1 instead of 50-1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop talking about uniflow engine designs, they have just as little meaning to a loop scavenged 2 stroke conversation as a 4 stroke gas or diesel powered engine.
I was talking about carbon making the rings stick, Carbon will make the rings stick in any internal combustion engine regardless of fuel used. some fuels are worse than others, But introducing too much 2 stroke oil to the fuel will make more CARBON.

I didn't mix the fuel.

The exhaust port has been cleaned and since there is no rings on the piston inside of the cylinder, That may have been cleaned too.

I was talking about carbon making the rings stick, Carbon will make the rings stick in any internal combustion engine regardless of fuel used. some fuels are worse than others, But introducing too much 2 stroke oil to the fuel will make more CARBON.
Thats a cart blank statement and does not apply to most of the decent 2 stroke oils out there. Most of your carbon issues is from not tuning the engine correctly in a 2 stroke. Not the oil. This isn't the 70 using 30wt engine oil. Conversely your pictures and what you sited is 4 stroke engines burning motor oil. Which apples the same way to a uniflow 2 stroke.

If you talk to the people at your place of employment like you do on this forum then I can see why you have had so many jobs.
Thats a cart blank statement and does not apply to most of the decent 2 stroke oils out there. Most of your carbon issues is from not tuning the engine correctly in a 2 stroke. Not the oil. This isn't the 70 using 30wt engine oil. Conversely your pictures and what you sited is 4 stroke engines burning motor oil.
Yes, but I also linked to a Valvoline article about 2 stroke oils, I would never use their 2 stroke oil, But they do know a thing or 2 about oil.

If you talk to the people at your place of employment like you do on this forum then I can see why you have had so many jobs.

Yes, but I also linked to a Valvoline article about 2 stroke oils, I would never use their 2 stroke oil, But they do know a thing or 2 about oil.
They know about oil, yes. However, Statements like those of valvoline are over generalized, without any substantial evidence of anything. Were basically going off their word, well because they make oil. I don't find much credibility in this. We need to be more specific. Running "extra" oil will not cause carbon fouling if its oil of good quality. If that were true 26-32cc zenoah rc engines would be carbon pigs since they run 25 to 1, vs the weed eater engine that runs on 50 to 1. Your more likely to see the weed eater carbon up from garbage gas and poor tune then the oil that was used, where the zenaoh being used in (mostly) rc Running twice the amount of oil rarely sees the carbon build up. Truthfully there isn't many differences between the two engines. Just like most engines don't really care how much extra oil is ran through them to a point, but those ratios are pretty high till the oil actually degrades the ability to make power.

They know about oil, yes. However, Statements like those of valvoline are over generalized, without any substantial evidence of anything. Were basically going off their word, well because they make oil. I don't find much credibility in this. We need to be more specific. Running "extra" oil will not cause carbon fouling if its oil of good quality. If that were true 26-32cc zenoah rc engines would be carbon pigs since they run 25 to 1, vs the weed eater engine that runs on 50 to 1. Your more likely to see the weed eater carbon up from garbage gas and poor tune then the oil that was used, where the zenaoh being used in (mostly) rc Running twice the amount of oil rarely sees the carbon build up. Truthfully there isn't many differences between the two engines. Just like most engines don't really care how much extra oil is ran through them to a point, but those ratios are pretty high till the oil actually degrades the ability to make power.
Totally agree ^^

The main difference is those RC engines produce way more power and torque than any ope engine :)

In the industries I have worked plant closures and mine shut downs are a thing.. never had a problem getting good work though.
And thankfully I don't work with a bunch of morons spouting off old wives tales.

Totally agree ^^

The main difference is those RC engines produce way more power and torque than any *** engine :)
Yes very true. A box stock 32cc is around 5hp. 26cc tend to hover around 3.5hp. Porting a good tuned pipe can get you over 7hp easily in the 32 zen engines. Add a reed block and there are claims of 9hp from some guys. (Ive seen no real proof of these numbers, i have seen dyno proven 7hp+.) If you want serious power ALX and Taylor (formerly rc max) have some very impressive "large" bore engines. Bzm, roostertail, esp, and obr are more the 34 and under guys. Very impressive power from small packages.

FWIW one of the cleanest engines I have been inside off was a Ski Doo 800 twin circa 2006. This particular engine used a composite faced single ring piston that would delaminate with high temps and load. Typicly the engine would just loose compression and not fail catastrophically. This would usually happen in less than 1000 miles. From the factory these engines oil injection pump was set very rich. Guys complained about oil consumption and the dealers would dial the pumps down. Mine used the equivalent of 20:1 or greater depending how much I was into the throttle. I left it alone and ran Citgo Sea and Snow because it was FD rated and dirt cheap. I flogged that machine and it never lost compression.
I did end up updating the pistons from single composite ring OEM to dual ring pistons out of a Yamaha watercraft. The factory pistons where immaculate in every way and it was on its original plugs.

If you tune your equipment there’s no more carbon then running it at 50-1. Crappy fuel and mix oil will build carbon faster then a heavy mix ratio.

You like scraping CARBON DEPOSITS out of your exhaust port? Keep dumping too much 2 stroke oil in the gas, And always use cheap DINO oil instead of synthetic. LMAO at you GENIUSES!
You are wrong with such blanket statements and zero experience on the matter. I run DINO oil at 25:1 I get thousands of hrs out of saws never had a carboned up exhaust port ever or gummed up rings. And I haven't had too clean a spark arrester for over 25 years lol
20200207_171129 (1).jpg20220515_130758.jpg2.JPG011 (2).JPG

Latest posts

Back