How I baby my 2 stoke motors.... 30-1 instead of 50-1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=why+do+rings+in+an+engine+stick
From Google,

What causes rings to get stuck in piston?

Image result for oil burning causes piston rings to stick

https://www.google.com/search?q=oil...IAQ24AQPAAQHaAQYIARABGAk&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

Stuck piston rings are caused by carbon deposits in the ring grooves. Hard carbon, a result of poor fuel combustion, virtually cements the rings into the grooves. In the past, the only way to free up stuck piston rings so they seal properly again, was to overhaul the engine.Apr 19, 2021

This is from Valvoline on google.

What happens if the mixing ratios in a 2 stroke engine are incorrect?​

If you put too much oil, it can generate additional carbon build-up, making it difficult to start the engine, blow excessive smoke which is particularly bad for the environment and may (with time) cause the engine to stop operating correctly. But, if you add too little oil, it will (with time) not lubricate the moving internal engine parts or offer the needed engine protection, which will cause wear, friction and overheat, and may damage the engine permanently.

https://www.valvoline.com/en-au/importance-of-2-stroke-product-application/
Now you 2 GENIUSES can carry on!

And it's "HEAR" not "HERE"
Thats a diesel piston dumbass.
Try less googling and more doing before you comment on things you know nothing about

Most guys don't understand that much of the deposits in a two cycle come from the gasoline and not the oil.
Running more oil has a solvent effect and it contains detergents that prevent buildup.
Show me where you got that information and maybe I would change my mind.

Show me where you got that information and maybe I would change my mind.
A Graham Bell discussed this topic years ago. I've been messing around with two-stroke since the 90's and my expiereance matches what Bell talked about.
If you want more track down Jan Thiel, Dave Redzous from PAR or Fritz Overmars.
Lastly, I've lead you to water, now get off your ass and do some real research...not googling. Just like this site there is so much misinformation on Google, you tube, etc that it's about useless.

A Graham Bell discussed this topic years ago. I've been messing around with two-stroke since the 90's and my expiereance matches what Bell talked about.
If you want more track down Jan Thiel, Dave Redzous from PAR or Fritz Overmars.
Lastly, I've lead you to water, no get off your ass and do some real research...not googling. Just like this site there is so much misinformation on Google, you tube, etc that it's about useless.
Where would you like me to RESEARCH this stuff? ON GOOGLE?

Run your saw on Aspen (or similar engineered) fuel......and look at its piston top or sparkplug.....then over time switch to regular pump gas....

And dont forget to report your findings back!
Yes, running an alkylate fuel will result in a much cleaner engine.
You have to remember the refining business is all about blending crappy streams with quality streams to hit an absolute minimum quality standard. Then you have Reid Vapor Pressure restrictions for evaporative emmissions which really isnt ideal for two strokes at all.

You have to remember the refining business is all about blending crappy streams with quality streams to hit an absolute minimum quality standard. Then you have Reid Vapor Pressure restrictions for evaporative emmissions which really isnt ideal for two strokes at all.

Here in EU we have (like most probablly you over the pond have them too) standards.....SIST EN 590 cowers gasoline (95/98/100RON)....dont know much about its fine print....

But sure pump gas smells horrible in comparison with Aspen fuel(almost no smell) ....get one drop on your shoes....and you smell miles away for two days in a row

All of your posts are either condescending or insulting, Or you coming off as a "Know It All" The telltale signs of a Narcissist. You reply to posts but don't give any evidence? Just Smart remarks.
I've lead you to water...now stop being lazy and go digging. Or just S T F U, admit you don't have a clue and listen to those that do.

All of your posts are either condescending or insulting, Or you coming off as a "Know It All" The telltale signs of a Narcissist. You reply to posts but don't give any evidence? Just Smart remarks.
Stop being a lazy fuq and do your own research!
Actually dropping the fact your a mechanic in order to bolster credibility in your mind is a narcissistic trait smart guy...

Back