How I baby my 2 stoke motors.... 30-1 instead of 50-1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mix 32 to 1 in a 2 cycle the results a lot of smoke a really oily muffler and the power was down, I have put too much oil in a 4 cycle with about the same results. I just got the same results from both engines. Other than that hydro lock all your 2 cycles with oil, reverse the mix 32 parts oil 1 part fuel. A saw that never runs never blows up.
Learn what the screws on the carb are for and smoke will never be a problem.

Victa Australian made lawn mowers pulled two stroke mowers from it's line up. I remember one of the reasons was no matter how hard they tried they couldn't educate the masses two strokes need oil in the fuel. They were having huge amounts of customers coming back with said new mowers with the totally original line, I put fuel in it and it stopped working I did nothing wrong something must be wrong with it lol

I have mix 32 to 1 in a 2 cycle the results a lot of smoke a really oily muffler and the power was down, I have put too much oil in a 4 cycle with about the same results. I just got the same results from both engines. Other than that hydro lock all your 2 cycles with oil, reverse the mix 32 parts oil 1 part fuel. A saw that never runs never blows up.
dumb-huh.gif

Learn to tune a carb... and get a clue about the differences between the two engines.
Overfilling a 4 cycle just pumps oil into your intake typically via the PCV valve...
I have tuned carburetor. No tunning will overcome to much oil. I do know the difference a 2 cycle is the jet engine of piston engines. Every stroke is a power stroke. 4 cycles have no powerband. Unless you have turbo charge it maybe I never drove one. I have over mixed the oil in a 2 cycle and there is oil and smoke every ware. Not sure what! Mix the **** out of your oil I made it 40 years without your help. I got saws probably older than most on here. That might have fuel in them well over 10 years. I will no longer get in a pissing match. If you want to mix oil and fuel at some rate I will be ok with that. I tuned chainsaws and dirt bikes for forty years. The big insult for me I have no clue I get accuse of. I might have chainsaws older than the people that think they way smarter. Too much oil in the mix would like to learn this .

Hay live the life making fun of people. Do what makes you happy. You will get a lot of respect and make a lot of friends. How I feel you are a ass. About everyone avoids you. Unless you pay for everyone meals you have no friends. You have no respect for anything. I drought you have a girlfriend. I would say make fun of people if that makes you happy see how it works out.

I'm shocked at the number of people that haven't yet figured out aokpops hyperbole in his posts. He sure gets a lot of people riled up and I gotta admit, it's kind of amusing!
Not going to lie what is hyperbole? I just a live life how they let some people go with no treatment. My words are harsh but true. I would say I invited away takes a lot of hard work. And no one can the stealI the effort. I remember doing reports in school WTF are you talking about

Not going to lie what is hyperbole? I just a live life how they let some people go with no treatment. My words are harsh but true. I would say I invited away takes a lot of hard work. And no one can the stealI the effort. I remember doing reports in school WTF are you talking about
A dictionary is an invaluable tool to look up words you don't know. You have one right on your computer.

I'll give ya a hint, it wasn't an insult.

Once you have enough oil to seal the rings and lube all the parts, more oil will not increase power or decrease wear. It just becomes exhaust smoke. The problem is that we do not always know what that ratio is for any given engine and oil. I can remember when 16:1 was the norm. Today most use 50:1, no doubt due to oil improvements. Some claim 100:1 is doable. It may well be. But I am just more comfortable using 50:1 with a good synthetic oil, as this is proven to work. If I am wasting a bit of oil, so be it.

I can't figure out what you said. You need an editor.

Once you have enough oil to seal the rings and lube all the parts, more oil will not increase power or decrease wear. It just becomes exhaust smoke. The problem is that we do not always know what that ratio is for any given engine and oil. I can remember when 16:1 was the norm. Today most use 50:1, no doubt due to oil improvements. Some claim 100:1 is doable. It may well be. But I am just more comfortable using 50:1 with a good synthetic oil, as this is proven to work. If I am wasting a bit of oil, so be it.
That's not true. Ring seal and what's adequate to protect against wear varies by degrees.
As you increase oil content ring seal improves. This has been tested by multiple people and there is even a SAE paper that states this.
Likewise wear protection also increases with oil content. This is what the whole oil migration study proved. The higher the load and the longer at WOT the more oil you need.

That's not true. Ring seal and what's adequate to protect against wear varies by degrees.
As you increase oil content ring seal improves. This has been tested by multiple people and there is even a SAE paper that states this.
Likewise wear protection also increases with oil content. This is what the whole oil migration study proved. The higher the load and the longer at WOT the more oil you need.
What you just said in no way contradicts what I said, so I must speculate that you did not understand my post. The word "enough" is the key. There will always be a certain threshold of oil whereby 100% of the ring seal volume is filled with oil, and that is what is meant by "enough"; once it is full, it can hold no more, so more will not improve the seal. What you are talking about is what happens below sufficient oil, or "not enough". Likewise, when wearing parts are fully coated with enough oil to form a full film so as to prevent metal-to-metal contact, more oil does not help. Again, that condition might require more oil than a 50:1 ratio supplies; I do not know, and I doubt that many readers have any way of determining this. To some degree I have to depend on the OEM and the oil company claims, tempered with what users say about their own experiences.

What you just said in no way contradicts what I said, so I must speculate that you did not understand my post. The word "enough" is the key. There will always be a certain threshold of oil whereby 100% of the ring seal volume is filled with oil, and that is what is meant by "enough"; once it is full, it can hold no more, so more will not improve the seal. What you are talking about is what happens below sufficient oil, or "not enough". Likewise, when wearing parts are fully coated with enough oil to form a full film so as to prevent metal-to-metal contact, more oil does not help. Again, that condition might require more oil than a 50:1 ratio supplies; I do not know, and I doubt that many readers have any way of determining this. To some degree I have to depend on the OEM and the oil company claims, tempered with what users say about their own experiences.
I think you need to re read what I said. It very much contradict what your feelings on this issue.
Again, to be clear. There is no magic ratio where full ring seal and ultimate protection takes place, but more is better in regards to both. How much more depends on load, state of tune and how long your at WOT.

I think you need to re read what I said. It very much contradict what your feelings on this issue.
Again, to be clear. There is no magic ratio where full ring seal and ultimate protection takes place, but more is better in regards to both. How much more depends on load, state of tune and how long your at WOT.
What I said had nothing to do with feelings. It has to do with engineering and fluid flow. While I agree that more oil may be needed at some conditions than others, my main point stands: there is a point where no further improvement in results is possible. That is when the rings are fully filled with oil and the oil film on all wearing parts is unbroken. If you think things will still improve beyond that point, try running 50% oil and see how well your saw runs. There is such a thing as too much.

Back