How often do you loan out your saws/equipment?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you loan your stuff?

• When you can pry my cold dead fingers off it

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • once in a while, to certain people only

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • fairly regularly, if they know how to use it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sure, anyone can use my stuff, if they bring it back!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
thanks, guys

I originally posted this poll after reading that Forrest was planning on borrowing his boss's climbing saw for his 'first big job'. I was hoping to let him know that it wasn't just HIM if his boss said 'no way'. But I guess that is a moot point, now.

Glad to see that most all of us agree on the importance of the equipment we use in a tree. I would rather go help someone for free than let them use the equipment that I NEED to make a living. If someone occasionally uses my saw, it is never out of my sight when they are using it. I don't think anyone has ever used my climbing belt, I've let another climber use a lifeline once in a while when we were on the same job.

LOL I had a fellow ask to rent my chipper today for a LARGE pile of Dead limbs I told him sure 1000.00 a day and 350.00 to replace the blades! hehehe I think he got the point ! :D

O by the way the 019's have a safety recall on them.

Originally posted by DDM

O by the way the 019's have a safety recall on them.

Page 22 in this month's TCI (Aug. 2002) says some 019's are being recalled because there is a screw missing in the support boss of the brakeband area. Chainbrake can fail. Covers 019's purchased between 12/2000 and 5/5/2001, serial numbers 249129398 through 249956311.

Latest posts

Back