How To Remove Aluminum Transfer Without Acid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I would like to know is what the dealer in town does with old jugs that "cannot be repaired".
The dealer that I will never take another saw that needs rebuilt to just chunks them into the trash. He also claims that it was straight gassed when in fact the end of the ring was what broke and locked the saw up. Same man was the one that installed that piston. Backwards...

I came home a googled chainsaw forum. Now you know why I'm here.

I'm too short to reach the ceiling So I went with an improvised stand.
The wooden rake handle can be moved up or down to get the tool where that you're not wrestling with the flex shaft.
It makes a surprising difference in how smoothly you can work the tool then.
The foot control from the Harbor Freight grinder also works nicely with
this imitation dremal.
Once you've run a foot pedal on one, you'll probably not want go back to working without it.

Attachments

• rotary tool hanger stand.jpg
    rotary tool hanger stand.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 95
I'm too short to reach the ceiling So I went with an improvised stand.
The wooden rake handle can be moved up or down to get the tool where that you're not wrestling with the flex shaft.
It makes a surprising difference in how smoothly you can work the tool then.
The foot control from the Harbor Freight grinder also works nicely with
this imitation dremal.
Once you've run a foot pedal on one, you'll probably not want go back to working without it.

Nice stand ! What is the tri-pod stand the rake handle is attached to ?

The dealer that I will never take another saw that needs rebuilt to just chunks them into the trash. He also claims that it was straight gassed when in fact the end of the ring was what broke and locked the saw up. Same man was the one that installed that piston. Backwards...

I came home a googled chainsaw forum. Now you know why I'm here.

Dealers have a challenge with repair work. Parts are high,labor is high and people get 'sticker shock" when they discover what it will cost to repair an older saw. We are a unique group in that we don't value our time highly but enjoy the opportunity to learn from those willing to share.

Jon and I repair a bunch of saws.......it's not uncommon to have a bill over 400.00 for a rebuild with port work. When you consider the price of a new stock saw though.......that really isn't too much to pay.

There is added value with your work as well. The customer ends up with a saw that probably runs "one size up" ! You would not receive this added value if you had the dealer repair the saw.

Nice stand ! What is the tri-pod stand the rake handle is attached to ?
It's a bit of drum kit, a Cymbal/drum stand. I have an assortment of the clamps and arms for drums
that go with it.
Probably was 15 years ago that I grabbed a pair of them and some misc accessories when a local music chain went belly up.
I'm no Musician though. I just went to look for some speakers
(found nothing I could afford though) and saw these stands and they just looked like something handy to have.
They're actually very easy to reconfigure.
Lately I've been looking at them and thinking of trying to rig a mount for the camera.
--
" Look like a Mad Dentist or a Punk Musician! "
Philbert
Oh now don't give me any more ideas to ponder on when I'm awake at 2~3 a.m.

Thanks Randy! Also thanks to all the people who pointed you in the direction of doing this!
evejy9ej.jpg
etuse6u9.jpg
ety5e4us.jpg

Nice job on that cylinder. I find it better for me to use the small sandpaper flapper wheels with my foredom. I don't have the foot control and it's much easier to start the grinder outside the cylinder with the wheel, then move inside. It sure cuts a lot of time off the job as opposed to doing it with acid.

Back