Husky 3120XP Discontinued?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Did a quick search and I didn't find this addressed, I was just on Husqvarna's website, and the 3120XP is missing from the current line up, does anyone Know if the 3120XP has been discontinued?

Any word on a replacement? right now on the Husky website, it shows the 395XP as the Biggest Husky available, that's a BIG drop from 118.7cc to 93.7cc, especially for those of us who are into CSM. Don't get me wrong, I hear the 395 is a damn good saw, I have one awaiting budget appropriations;), but if the 3120 HAS been discontinued, the 395XP, 372XP and 550XP will have to wait a bit longer as I may have to pick up another 3120XP .

Anyone hear anything OFFICIAL, that I missed?

Doug :cheers:

Did a quick search and I didn't find this addressed, I was just on Husqvarna's website, and the 3120XP is missing from the current line up, does anyone Know if the 3120XP has been discontinued?

Any word on a replacement? right now on the Husky website, it shows the 395XP as the Biggest Husky available, that's a BIG drop from 118.7cc to 93.7cc, especially for those of us who are into CSM. Don't get me wrong, I hear the 395 is a damn good saw, I have one awaiting budget appropriations;), but if the 3120 HAS been discontinued, the 395XP, 372XP and 550XP will have to wait a bit longer as I may have to pick up another 3120XP .

Anyone hear anything OFFICIAL, that I missed?

As far as I know, the biggest Husqvarna chainsaw in production is the 572XP

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

As far as I know, the biggest Husqvarna chainsaw in production is the 572XP

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

I don't know about "In Production" production can run in cycles, with more of an item produced in planned Future runs, so not really Discontinued, even if not "In Production" at any given moment, the 395XP and 390XP are still listed as available on Husky's website, so I don't know if there is a large inventory of those, and IF they will be continued in production or not.

Right now, Husky's website shows the 395XP as the largest saw they offer:(:(:(

I bet Dave, "The Chainsaw Guy" in BC starts getting a bunch of orders, if this is True.

I was HOPING that it was just a Mistake, but it sounds like it might not be:(:(

Well, I guess I pick up another when I can afford to, and if not plan on rebuilding this one if the time comes.

Hopefully nothing happens that a rebuild can't cure.

Probably not a mistake maybe a new bigger cc or revised model to meet the pollution standards when they come out. This could be your four stroke? For it to be a four stroke it has to be big cc’s. Omg. I better get a new 395xp soon. I love the smell of two stroke in the morning when it’s 10 degrees.

One logging crew here every cutter has a 3120 saw.

seeing how a four stroke is so orientation sensitive, I'm stihl trying to envision a four stroke chainsaw, that wood stihl be usable.

Bucking fine, notching with a saw turned sideways, oil sump problems:(, weight of a four stroke?:(:(:(:(:(:(, and I already use a 3120XP

A 90 degree gear box, it could rotate on the shaft. It’s a old design that was used years ago.

I was HOPING that it was just a Mistake, but it sounds like it might not be:(:(

Well, I guess I pick up another when I can afford to, and if not plan on rebuilding this one if the time comes.

Hopefully nothing happens that a rebuild can't cure.

What i know: the 3120, 395, 390 are no longer produced for the European market. They don’t meet the new EPA rules (Stihl 880 also). They can only sell what the dealers have on stock.

So Huskys biggest saw for the EU market is the 572

What i know: the 3120, 395, 390 are no longer produced for the European market. They don’t meet the new EPA rules (Stihl 880 also). They can only sell what the dealers have on stock.

So Huskys biggest saw for the EU market is the 572

They may not meet emissions standards, but the EPA isn't the one making the rules in Europe.

Unless someone is CSMing, is there really a NEED for a saw Bigger than a 572 in Europe?

Not that I support taking choices away, if a European WANTS a 3120XP or a 880, they should be able to get one without, ordering from overseas.

I do believe in doing what we can within REASON to reduce pollution, but seriously, do chainsaws contribute that much, that it is an issue, even after the pollution advances that have been made?

Man is going to have an impact on our environment, it is wise to reduce that as much as possible, do what you can, and accept that some things are just beyond reasonable at this point.

Currently, a 2 stroke engine is stihl the most Practical application for powering a chainsaw.

Over New Years, I rode a 900cc Snowmobile, I thought This thing is going to be Great:)

Then, what I discovered was that although the stickers proclaimed it was a 900cc machine, I didn't see anywhere on it that "Boasted" of it being a 4 Stroke sled:(:(:( what a disappointment, 900cc with less performance than my old 540cc sleds, but MUCH heavier, what a PIG in comparison. Don't get me wrong, I stihl ENJOYED the ride, it had been way to long since I had been on a sled, and I suppose that this is one of those areas where a compromise is Grudgingly acceptable if necessary. I .would stihl buy a 2 Smoker if I can, if I am ever in the market for a sled again, a 4 stroke just isn't the same in the Snow or in the Sand on an ATV. In time there will be a whole new generation that will have never ridden 2 Smokers, and will not understand what they have unknowingly lost.

I see this mistake frequently, and I just have to assume(Yeah, I know Better;)) that the poster is referring to the European equivalent of the EPA, whatever that is, but there MUST be some organization there to make their Lives as unnecessarily difficult as possible, just as the EPA does here.

Ok long hydraulic hoses or long extension cord from a generator.? Lmao.

It’s not much more added weight if the 3120 was a four stroke? Valves, cam, springs, belt or gear drive. The 118cc bore is big enough. Dirtbike technology for liquid cooling.

Ok long hydraulic hoses or long extension cord from a generator.? Lmao.

It’s not much more added weight if the 3120 was a four stroke? Valves, cam, springs, belt or gear drive. The 118cc bore is big enough. Dirtbike technology for liquid cooling.
Dirt bikes can absorb a bit more weight then a saw without noticing it. Then there's the size difference, that's the big issue. Four bangers are probably 15% bigger.

The writing is on the wall; 880 and 3120xp no longer being made for Euro, makita (dolmar) no longer developing gas chainsaws, battery only. Stihl coming out with an overly complicated injection saw with little gain over their 462 in actual cutting performance. I keep telling people to enjoy the chainsaws you have now because the future isn't looking so great. The other industries this happen to were able to overcome, boats /bikes. But each case was slightly better off. Boat motors could handle the size increase (along with weight) and there was enough space to get the power needed one way or another, though I still doubt they ever really performed like the last 2 stokes. Bike are about the same, they got tad heavier and again I don't think they ever really got as strong as the 2 strokes were. They just added displacement. Add that 10 to 15% size increase to a saw along with the weight for less power and you've got one POS saw. And crank case lube? More weight... Fun stuff. Pray batterie tech comes quickly.

3120XP is still available in Husqvarna site in Greece,we can have it for 1400€ with 36" bar.Also the EPA in Europe is the EEA (European Environment Agency) which is part of the EPA network so we can't get out of this environment bs.

Latest posts

Back