Husky 359 and or 365????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F.W.P.T

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anyone used both saws?? Been seeing a lot of 359 and 365 threads lately..... I'm having a tough time deciding on which one or maybe both saws to buy. They will eventually get ported and sport a 20" bar. Can the 365 run a 8pin rim to cut faster?

Already got the OK from my best friend(wife) to grab one but not sure if she'll go for both.. Found em both on CL for $300 each almost in new condition.

I know the 359 is a tad lighter but the 365 has a bit more power. :msp_confused:

wel.... i anly have the 359 and i must say it its mij best worksaw up in the trees:msp_thumbsup:

Buy the 365. It will take the 372xp top end for a performance gain, and then can be ported for even more.

Same money, like new condition, 365 all day long!! What are you waiting for!:rock: 359 is small mount, 365 is large mount, so if you got other Huskys this could play into the overall thinking if you already have bars and chains to use.

The 359 is noticeably smaller and lighter.

The 365 is larger and heavier, but has more power.

I prefer the 359 for a firewood saw. I'd only chose the 365 if I needed a bar over 20".

I have ran both saws and despite being a 'husky guy' was not really impressed with either. With that said I would probably choose the 365.

The 359 is noticeably smaller and lighter.

The 365 is larger and heavier, but has more power.

I prefer the 359 for a firewood saw. I'd only chose the 365 if I needed a bar over 20".

That said, the 562xp blows them both out of the water!!! :D

I have the red version of the 359, the Jonsered 2159, and I just love the thing! No experience with the 365 though. My 59 has plenty of power, even in the big stuff. I'm running an 18" bar with 3/8 semi chisel. The 359 should do great with mods and a 20 inch bar.

FWPT- you dont list your saws in your sig.... so we need more info (to help you spend your money). What saws do you currently own? What size wood do you get into?

I was considering a 365. It was a toss up between the 365 and 562xpw. It took me all of Dec and half of January to decide. I finally put my faith in Mastermind's reccommendation to go with the 562xpw (even though it cost considerable more) it fit my needs since I already had 120si, 2171, 288 etc. I also wanted to snatch a 359 up after watching Woodyman's video of his ported 359 on youtube. I wound up buying a nos 359 from a dealer and a mint used 359 straight gassed that Randy found me from a member here. These new three will probably do most of my cutting.

Has anyone used both saws?? Been seeing a lot of 359 and 365 threads lately..... I'm having a tough time deciding on which one or maybe both saws to buy. They will eventually get ported and sport a 20" bar. Can the 365 run a 8pin rim to cut faster?

Already got the OK from my best friend(wife) to grab one but not sure if she'll go for both.. Found em both on CL for $300 each almost in new condition.

I know the 359 is a tad lighter but the 365 has a bit more power. :msp_confused:

You loose torque with a 8 over a 7. For firewood cuttin I would run a 7 over an 8. Torque pulls the loaded bar thru the wood.

FWPT- you dont list your saws in your sig.... so we need more info (to help you spend your money). What saws do you currently own? What size wood do you get into?

This would help a ton.

If you own zero saws, I'd go with the 359. It will run a longer bar if needed and will be happy with a 18" or 20" all day long cutting hard or softwood. It will save you a couple pounds over the 365 which is a lot when cutting all day.

If you already have a 40cc or 50cc saw, then the 365 is the way to go. You can use the small saws for limbing and small stuff but you'll have the torque and horsepower you need for bigger bucking jobs.

I never understood why someone would want the 365 when the 372 is the exact same saw with more power. I can never remember ever running a saw and thinking man this thing just has too much power. Same thing with the dolmar 7300. Why buy a 7300 when you can have a 7900. The 372 and the 7900 are a little more but it's not a huge difference. That being said if this is for a one saw plan I would go with the 562xp.

I never understood why someone would want the 365 when the 372 is the exact same saw with more power. I can never remember ever running a saw and thinking man this thing just has too much power. Same thing with the dolmar 7300. Why buy a 7300 when you can have a 7900. The 372 and the 7900 are a little more but it's not a huge difference. That being said if this is for a one saw plan I would go with the 562xp.

It's not that hard to understand.

ok. Explain why someone would want a 365 over a 372 or a 7300 over a 7900 other than the little difference in price.
Because you can get them cheaper and if you wear them out, you can make the larger chainsaw out of them.

I have several 365's. I have some stock, made into 372's, and 376.4 big bore. They all run good.

There's nothing wrong with the way a 7300 runs

ok. Explain why someone would want a 365 over a 372 or a 7300 over a 7900 other than the little difference in price.

Depends upon the definition of little, I paid $500 for a new 365 special, my 372XPW cost me $729. Still wishing id bought two 365's. They'll probably last longer wear and tear wise because of being slightly detuned.

Latest posts

Back