Six pack of Huskies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

river of smoak

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So , I have been looking for a 70 cc firewood saw for years and finally got one ! I've got tons of 50's , 40's and a stihl ms 650 . Saw an ad for six huskies on cl and went to check them out . They were at a rental place and had been shelved for awhile. Being that I've been off recovering from a shoulder surgery and bored to death , I decided to get them. All the plastics are in good shape and there are very few parts missing . So I brought home 2 55 ranchers , a 359 e-tech , a 555 , a 365 special , and a 365 x-torq . Luckily they all need work so I am no longer bored !

So , I have been looking for a 70 cc firewood saw for years and finally got one ! I've got tons of 50's , 40's and a stihl ms 650 . Saw an ad for six huskies on cl and went to check them out . They were at a rental place and had been shelved for awhile. Being that I've been off recovering from a shoulder surgery and bored to death , I decided to get them. All the plastics are in good shape and there are very few parts missing . So I brought home 2 55 ranchers , a 359 e-tech , a 555 , a 365 special , and a 365 x-torq . Luckily they all need work so I am no longer bored !

Pictures please!

Haha , I knew that was coming , you'll need to give me a minute to figure out the pic thing ! Do you guys use tapatalk or is there an as mobile app I should use ? believe it or not I'm not much of a social media user so I'm gonna need some help posting pics ! I read somewhere that tapatalk data mines and sells info taken from your phone . Not sure if that's true or not , or if that is even an issue.

I found the 365 xt had some bad scoring on the exhaust side . Spent some time cleaning and think it will be ok , ordered a meteor piston and ground the transfer cover dividers out. Kinda weird that the carb screws we turned all the way lean against the limiters

Attachments

• 16423623165869046171869175881905.jpg
    16423623165869046171869175881905.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
Can you interchange the 365 special cylinder with the 365 xt (Two saws to make one to get one going)
Yep. It's easiest to swap everything over to that chassis.
But he cleaned up the 50mm cylinder on the XT, and removed the restrictions from the transfer covers, so he will have a 372 other than the dogs and the low top. He'll have more power, or is it xtra power :p.

Congrats on the six pack :cheers:.
Should come out good if you got them for the right price; what will you be selling?

These saws are the first huskies that I own . I've always read that the 555 is a good firewood saw but the a/t has me a little concerned , I mean what if I replace the top end , or what ever it needs { haven't looked at it yet } and now the a/t needs something ?

thanks for the replies , I kind of want to get them both going . is the sp a 48 mm cyl ? if I put a 50 mm on the sp would that make it a 372 xp oe ? thats kinda what I was dreaming about when I chucked 200 bones at the rental guy , lol
Yes, a 50mm top end will bolt on and make it a 372oe.

These saws are the first huskies that I own . I've always read that the 555 is a good firewood saw but the a/t has me a little concerned , I mean what if I replace the top end , or what ever it needs { haven't looked at it yet } and now the a/t needs something ?
I like the 555 a lot, especially the fact that it has the small bar mount, nice lighter 60 with all the modern features.
You should have it pressure checked before torn down, then you'll know how deep the problems are. If you don't have a great dealer to support you it may not be worth your trouble. Also depending on the yr I wouldn't mess with it, pre-2016 I'd sell it or trade it for parts for the others.
Yes, a 50mm top end will bolt on and make it a 372oe.
This :rolleyes: , but to make the job easy you should also use the carb/intake.
Edit, I misunderstood and thought you meant putting it on the XT. You're right :).
The 371 single ring is the kit that many like if you can find/order one.
if I put a 50 mm on the sp would that make it a 372 xp oe ? thats kinda what I was dreaming about when I chucked 200 bones at the rental guy , lol

Good find another place to look rental places and pawn shops. These husky saws are getting harder to fiind plus what we do find is over priced. Luckily we have many choices on new husky parts.

I like the 555 a lot, especially the fact that it has the small bar mount, nice lighter 60 with all the modern features.
You should have it pressure checked before torn down, then you'll know how deep the problems are. If you don't have a great dealer to support you it may not be worth your trouble. Also depending on the yr I wouldn't mess with it, pre-2016 I'd sell it or trade it for parts for the others.

This :rolleyes: , but to make the job easy you should also use the carb/intake.
The 371 single ring is the kit that many like if you can find/order one.
the 555 is a 2015 my . I looked at cylinders on ebay and was thinking how the heck do you pressure test that mess of an intake side ? I use a mighty vac to check all the saws that I have worked on and have always been able to rig something up but ... anyway , I'm gonna focus on the xt for the time being . I couldn't pressure test it because the rental place mechanic had the cyl off and broke the base gasket . I need to figure out how to remove the limiters on that carb . I got a kit coming for it , hopefully it's a survivor

Good find another place to look rental places and pawn shops. These husky saws are getting harder to fiind plus what we do find is over priced. Luckily we have many choices on new husky parts.
I been watching cl for years with little luck , I found an efco 152 in yellow cloths for 75 bucks once that just needed a carb kit . that saw out cuts my ms261 with a base gasket delete ! {sorry stihl guys !} when I saw the husky ad , my cold little heart actually beat

Latest posts

Back