Six pack of Huskies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any noticeable gains with this mod or were you after cylinder protection from the heat ? also , did you use a drill/ die grinder or what , that cut looks clean inside .
I'm sure there were some gains from the muffler mod but I can't say how much because I did a little porting to it at the same time.

Well , I finally got the meteor for the xt and figured I'd have a look at the ring end gap . it's over .010 . My feeler set is at work so I improvised using a razor blade which is .010 . it is loose in the gap , guessing the gap is around .015 or so . The piston rocks a bit when its half way in and feels worse near the base. again , not an accurate way to tell without the gauge set . I'm tempted to try it as is just to see if I'll need anything else before committing to a new cylinder but I don't want to waste a new piston . So my question is , has anyone gotten away with something this loose and had good results ? should I just go with my gut and start sinking more money into it ?

so I got the xt running last weekend , idles good , revs quick but the oiler needs attention . I'm still waiting on a clutch socket to see whats going on . also the brake handle doesn't line up with the top cover , something's bent . top handle is tweaked also , the cylinder a/v doesn't sit straight. This saw led a hard life , lol

I’d say you need a new handle, a Husky full wrap kit is ~$30 something bucks so I’d get that. Your brake may be on, judging by the handle position, and you may have an oe flag on an xt top. Unless you plugged the decomp I’d say you need to buy an oe top cover, since it looks like you may have the wrong one. Either that or you need to buy an xt brake flag. Either way, I’d recommend you check Chainsawr.com before you turn to ebay for parts.

I’d say you need a new handle, a Husky full wrap kit is ~$30 something bucks so I’d get that. Your brake may be on, judging by the handle position, and you may have an oe flag on an xt top. Unless you plugged the decomp I’d say you need to buy an oe top cover, since it looks like you may have the wrong one. Either that or you need to buy an xt brake flag. Either way, I’d recommend you check Chainsawr.com before you turn to ebay for parts.

To clarify, xt saws had a higher top cover and oe saws had a lower top cover, so if you have a mis-matched flag and top cover that would screw thing up.
thank you Woodslasher , yes , the decomp was eliminated [was leaking bad w/pressure test] and the cover looks a little weird with it missing . full wrap handle for 30 ? is that oem? Can't be sure if the flag is original to saw , I'm wondering if the brake lever is bent where the flag hooks to it maybe wha ever happened to bend the handle also bent the flag lever . The brake is not on in the pic. I might look at the 365 sp and compare

well , guess I should have checked before posting , sorry . side by side you can tell that the lever on the xt is bent . the flag looks identical to the sp flag so I might rob the brake parts from the sp to get her going .

thank you Woodslasher , yes , the decomp was eliminated [was leaking bad w/pressure test] and the cover looks a little weird with it missing . full wrap handle for 30 ? is that oem? Can't be sure if the flag is original to saw , I'm wondering if the brake lever is bent where the flag hooks to it maybe wha ever happened to bend the handle also bent the flag lever . The brake is not on in the pic. I might look at the 365 sp and compare
The full wrap kit for $30 is oem, Husky offers really good deals on their wrap kits.
well , guess I should have checked before posting , sorry . side by side you can tell that the lever on the xt is bent . the flag looks identical to the sp flag so I might rob the brake parts from the sp to get her going .
The “notch” for the top cover on the xt flag should be noticeably taller, fyi. However, that lever is definitely bent. I’m guessing something hit that saw pretty hard and tweaked both the wrap and brake lever.

The full wrap kit for $30 is oem, Husky offers really good deals on their wrap kits.

The “notch” for the top cover on the xt flag should be noticeably taller, fyi. However, that lever is definitely bent. I’m guessing something hit that saw pretty hard and tweaked both the wrap and brake lever.
you are right , laying the flags side by side there is a difference , the xt is taller than the sp . I got a lot to learn , thanks

One down , five to go ! With the saw and parts I've got $147.00 invested . I'll upgrade the bar and chain when I find a good deal . She runs and oils good , will need to tune in some big wood . Thanks for all the help !

Attachments

• IMG_20220205_115002876.jpg
    IMG_20220205_115002876.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220205_114943482.jpg
    IMG_20220205_114943482.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back