Husky 359 or echo 590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 55 is not anywhere close to a cs590.

Like I said I like the 590 a lot and I have ran a 55 that ran very well and I don't believe there is enough difference to warrant going from a 55 to a 590 but that is my opinion and everyone has one. If the OP is just looking for a new saw then by all means have at it, personally I think if he feels he is needing to step up to something more powerful then I would recommend a 70cc class saw. If however his 55 isn't performing up to what I have seen one do then he will be happy I'm sure with the 590, just remember to dial in the carb. once you get it and there are a ton of threads on that in here.

Anyway to the OP have you decided on what you want to do? heck this forum is no different than any other forum out there. Ask ten people and you will get ten different answers :laugh:. I kind of find it interesting to see what people end up deciding on.

I am prob leaning towards the 590 when the budjet allows I unless I find a good deal on a dolmar 6400 but for what I can buy the 590 for with a 5 yr warranty good dealer support it helps with decision just want to change the bar to run the same chains I run now which I hear is possible but I still up in the air I got some time saws are running good I do have an echo cs-340 and a homelite xl2 also don't want to go to big because of weight

Thanks for all your help I have handled the 590 and dealer has a demo if I want to test drive

From porting several 55s to having 590s all over the map, the 590 is newer technology, better OEM parts avalibility and a much wider power band. 55 is good ported for a 18” bar and 590 good up to 27”

Latest posts

Back