Husky 372xp or Stihl ms441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there you have it stihl heads are patient and don't care if they
have to clean air filters all day. I am patient in deer season but when
it comes to getting my work done I expect performance and I get that
from Husky. What a husky man lacks in patience he makes up with
thick skin and that is something the stihl crowd lacks:laugh: Take
that fat bottom chick saw and work it like I work and it will go
boom soon they get their patience from the rubix cube caps
and choke bs switch. Anyway bout day light time to hit it
hard daylight to dark five days and have not even looked at my
filter and cutting more in ten minutes than most do in two hours.
Daylights wasting , time to put the bar into wood you should
try that sometime stihl head :hmm3grin2orange: Time to warm
the bucket just starting to lighten up ohhhhhhhhhh the joys
of working at least I can count on my saws to perform!

Rope, you are so full of it ;)

Is the air filter thing all you have?

My Stihls have never let me down, not even once. And I know if I bought a Husky it wouldn't let me down either. They are both fine saws. Quit acting like the Husky is the only saw that will get the job done. You know as well as I do that thousands of pros will carry a Stihl into the woods today and get the job done. The proof is in the work that gets done.

Be careful today and happy sawing :)

guess he told you, hu Rope

Kapow, you are officially his biotch now:jawdrop:

And what if ya have a Husky ? kinda difficult to use the free right hand when the adjustment screws are on the left..., now wait, we can switch hands of course... sorry, being right handed really sucks ...:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

He starts the saw with the bar between his legs and then revs it up......:) :)

That way its on the right side like it should be....

Last edited:
That 50% smells Troll at a long distance, and also tells me that he is not Stan.......

Exactly, someone is fibbing bigtime stating 50% failure rate. Hell if that were true they be out of business. I like to play around, tease, torment and carry on but claims like that sorta takes the fun out of things,:cheers: :cheers:

You and your boyfriend The Champ can admire each others scars while you're bending and .....

Homie why ya bringing me into your argumments. You don't need my help making a complete fool out of yourself, your doing quite well without me, keep it up, I told if you didn't mind becoming the laffing stock to help yourself, your doing great, I love your posts, they're great for giggles,hehe

Still claiming you've cut 2 million trees? You're not only a liar but a damn poor one at that. Give us a break and quit insulting our intelligence, okay?

Oh, and if you see a BOY, you just knock him down, okay?

Morning there old timer ,how was the fire season? you didn't start too many did you?

Willard:jawdrop:

And what if ya have a Husky ? kinda difficult to use the free right hand when the adjustment screws are on the left..., now wait, we can switch hands of course... sorry, being right handed really sucks ...:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I think we have an English translation problem here.
_Operater is standing
_ hold idling saw with your left hand [hand on rewind housing side of handle]
_ saw is on side, rewind housing is straight up,bar pointing out to your left side.
_with your free right hand adjust left sided Husky screws .[excellent view]
_ put screwdriver back in pocket or in between teeth [don't swallow screwdriver or your screwed]
_ Hold saw with 2 hands back to WOT.
There now no kickback, no debris or snow sucked into fanhousing, no excessive vibration from saw on hard cement floor or workbench.
Willard

If you think you are dumb then help yourself...

You made a remark about me cutting some "firewood on the side" a while back, and that is what I do. What you don't know is that I owned and operated my own tree service for 5 years. You won't be schooling me on how to run a saw. If you like your square handle, then fine. The fact reamins that the handle has to take many positions in your right hand, and for this round is better.

I also have formal education in the use of a chainsaw, certificates to prove that too.

You see the people above this post blowing you up? You are making a fool of yourself, and now it seems that instead of digging yourself into a hole with a backhoe you have graduated to an excavator. If you don't stop soon you will be using a dragline.

Who said anything about running the saw on the ground while tuning??? You definately need to get a grip on reality. I set the saw on a stump or log with the bar near nothing.

A two-stroke engine is a two-stroke engine. The crankshaft does not have feelings and it doesn't care what it is connected to.

And now let us get down to it. You made the boyfriend remark in another reply to someone else, and I let it slide, but now you've directed it to me.
It is a standard tactic when you are loosing an argument to divert attention from the real issues. You have now done this. Sorry you must stoop to that level. You are weak, and it shows. It would be best for you to stop now before you really make a fool of yourself. Your credibility is shot. Give it up.

Good day.

Stay down on the mat!!:buttkick:

I think we have an English translation problem here.
_Operater is standing
_ hold idling saw with your left hand [hand on rewind housing side of handle]
_ saw is on side, rewind housing is straight up,bar pointing out to your left side.
_with your free right hand adjust left sided Husky screws .[excellent view]
_ put screwdriver back in pocket or in between teeth [don't swallow screwdriver or your screwed]
_ Hold saw with 2 hands back to WOT.
There now no kickback, no debris or snow sucked into fanhousing, no excessive vibration from saw on hard cement floor or workbench.
Willard

Huskys do vibrate alot and cover it up with springs..........So be carefull with the screw driver.......Dont forget to tighten all the screws on the saw before cutting with it.......Loctite helps....

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i92.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid92.photobucket.com/albums/l15/THALL10326/vibration.flv">

Last edited:
Exactly, someone is fibbing bigtime stating 50% failure rate. Hell if that were true they be out of business. I like to play around, tease, torment and carry on but claims like that sorta takes the fun out of things,:cheers: :cheers:

What, do you also want a job at my shop to prove failure rates?????:confused: This shop sells at least 550 saws a year just huskys, if you dont believe the failure rates I will get a copy of all the new product warranty clames and send them to you. And yes our shop is struggling with trying to work on new unsold product and customers machines also beings that Im the only 2 stroke tech in the shop, I work on so many new huskys I take them home to diagnose them beings husky wont pay for "diagnostic time" and that cuts into my part time timber falling fun.:monkey:

Homie why ya bringing me into your argumments. You don't need my help making a complete fool out of yourself, your doing quite well without me, keep it up, I told if you didn't mind becoming the laffing stock to help yourself, your doing great, I love your posts, they're great for giggles,hehe

Relax Thall, I heard you got a boo boo on your left knew so I just used you for a reference.
According to my PMs I'm getting lots of positive fan fare. I don't appear to be a laughing stock at all. I think you are the one everyone is laughing at .
Seriousily I love jawing with you even though I like to get a rise out of you, this has been a great thread.
Willard :cheers:

What, do you also want a job at my shop to prove failure rates?????:confused: This shop sells at least 550 saws a year just huskys, if you dont believe the failure rates I will get a copy of all the new product warranty clames and send them to you. And yes our shop is struggling with trying to work on new unsold product and customers machines also beings that Im the only 2 stroke tech in the shop, I work on so many new huskys I take them home to diagnose them beings husky wont pay for "diagnostic time" and that cuts into my part time timber falling fun.:monkey:

Sorry to hear this.......

Now, I will tell you guys what saws have the worst failure rates starting with the poulan the got sprayed the wrong color out of the factory:137, 142.
Next is the 455 and 460, 357, 359, 575, 570, 375k, 371k and some problems with me personnal favorites the 372 and 385 and 390. Sold a bunch of 395's and had NO problems with those. Husqvarna is getting the bugs worked out of their saws though. They will be stopping all cross breeding with poulan saws and trimmers:givebeer:

Well somehow I don't think your realising what your saying. A 50% failure rate means one out of every two Huskies you sell needs repair. If what your saying is really fact that would mean 225 out of those 550 your talking about would need some kind of repair. If what your saying is true then its a wonder Husky is still in business.

I love threads like this, better entertainment than anything on TV or at the movies.

Perhaps I have an advantage, as I have cut closer to 2 hundred trees than 2 million in my lifetime, and before I joined this site last year owned one saw and took it to the shop everytime it needed anything done to it.

Now I have 4 saws and really like'em all and try to take care of them myself. While they are different, they are like my children and grandchildren, a little frustrating at times-more my fault than theirs, but on balance a lot of fun to be around. Plus they are helping me heat my house in winter and keep the firepit full in summer.

Back