Husky 372xp or Stihl ms441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never owned a Husky ,only thing close was a Jonsered 630. It was a good saw to me in its time. I was losing sleep lately 441 or 372.Tried out a 441 demo, liked it ,prefer it over the 460. Seeing my 1986 064 weighs 14.1 lbs and 85 cc will outcut the 460 anyday. So I need a light 70 cc under 14 lbs to replace my 044. Last Wed I ordered the 372 XP! should be in tomorrow. I remember logging back in the 1970s and 80s, first ran Jonsered 621s,80s 910,920,630,then jumped to Stihl first with a 038 in 1981. But ever since the 70s I always liked the look of the good lookin ergonomic Husqvarnas. The other pro loggers in our area swore by their Huskys ,little things like the adjustable chainbrake,smooth streamlined compact design.But I always wanted to be different so I ran the other brand.Even worked for Stihl to help introduce the next generation 044 in 1989. The Huskys haven't really changed much in their looks since the 1970s. Up until 1984 the Stihls were heavy,boxy and not very ergonomic. Huskys as long as I remember were beautiful looking saws.

So here I go a new Husky 372 XP owner. I am sure to post about it in the next week or so.

Last edited:
I never owned a Husky ,only thing close was a Jonsered 630. It was a good saw to me in its time. I was losing sleep lately 441 or 372.Tried out a 441 demo, liked it ,prefer it over the 460. Seeing my 1986 064 weighs 14.1 lbs and 85 cc will outcut the 460 anyday. So I need a light 70 cc under 14 lbs to replace my 044. Last Wed I ordered the 372 XP! should be in tomorrow. I remember logging back in the 1970s and 80s, first ran Jonsered 621s,80s 910,920,630,then jumped to Stihl first with a 038 in 1981. But ever since the 70s I always liked the look of the good lookin ergonomic Husqvarnas. The other pro loggers in our area swore by their Huskys ,little things like the adjustable chainbrake,smooth streamlined compact design.But I always wanted to be different so I ran the other brand.Even worked for Stihl to help introduce the next generation 044 in 1989. The Huskys haven't really changed much in their looks since the 1970s. Up until 1984 the Stihls were heavy,boxy and not very ergonomic. Huskys as long as I remember were beautiful looking saws.

So here I go a new Husky 372 XP owner. I am sure to post about it in the next week or so.

Congrads in advance you should enjoy it run it like no tomorrow!

:agree2: :agree2: :agree2:

I have always wondered how you can actually see what you are doing behind a 440 or 460.

They are too busy cleaning air filters to :laugh:

I just got my first "new" Husky (181 SE). Man, 3 screws to open the air filter cover?

No wonder Husky got a name for "never needing cleaning." It takes 1/2 an hour just to access the air filter!!:jawdrop:

Okay, so 1/2 an hour is a little long. Maybe couple of minutes is better.;)
Also; It looks to be a well put together saw.

Last edited:
I just got my first "new" Husky. Man, 3 screws to open the air filter cover?

No wonder Husky got a name for "never needing cleaning." It takes 1/2 an hour just to access the air filter!!:

Okay, so 1/2 an hour is a little long. Maybe couple of minutes is better.;)
Also; It looks to be a well put together saw.

Well, what is it?:help:

Nevermind, found your thread.

Last edited:
I like my 372 alot, with online/catalog parts availability. When it comes to my Stihl, I have to go to my Stihl dealer :help: . I like ordering stuff online at work :clap: .

Huh, my STIHL's filters dont need a hell of a lot of cleaning. Maybe thats because I keep my chains sharp and they throw CHIPS instead of DUST. You should try that some time!!:monkey:

I never cut dull and have my own grinder to keep many chains sharp!
I was wondering how you found enough power with a cremesicle to
throw one chip let alone dust:rolleyes: I would be willing to bet I
am sharp as you, even after I consider mine as; getting a little dull :laugh:
By the way, I have taught my wife to sharpen with my grinder, so I don't
have to, feller!

Last edited:
I like my 372 alot, with online/catalog parts availability. When it comes to my Stihl, I have to go to my Stihl dealer :help: . I like ordering stuff online at work :clap: .

Yes I agree the Stihl dealer network is not always as good as its supposed to be, more restrained if anything. I have met alot of Stihl dealers in my time and there is alot of bad ones but also alot of good ones. The good ones seem to be the ones who sell both Stihl and Husky, like Madsens for example. Today there is very few pro loggers around and some dealers think they now can pull the wool over anyones eyes with their B S. Veteran full time arborists are also fairly low in numbers in most parts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back