Husky 372xp(w) its back in Baileys catalogue!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just got the new baileys catalogue in the mail today. Front inside cover has the might might 372xp(w). Good to see Baileys all time best selling chainsaw is back!! Unfortunately, you gots to pick them up at the retail outlet. Stihl refreshing to see it in print one last time. If you are in range, get em while you can!

I think what they mean by 'mail order ban' is that they won't ship you a Husqvarna saw. You have to purchase and pick it up at their Woodland Retail Outlet.

I don't see any big deal if Bailey's list the saws on their website if you can't order it online. To me, it's no more than looking at Husky's company website to see what saws they make if you can't purchase them online.

I think what they mean by 'mail order ban' is that they won't ship you a Husqvarna saw. You have to purchase and pick it up at their Woodland Retail Outlet.

See, they won't throw their dealers under the bus by allowing them to compete with other dealers outside their area via mail order, they'll only throw their dealers under the bus by selling through Lowes.

Regarding the 372xp showing up in Bailey's catalog, I thought the last ones were in the pipeline back in December. That's the last time I fall for that one.

Jack

See, they won't throw their dealers under the bus by allowing them to compete with other dealers outside their area via mail order, they'll only throw their dealers under the bus by selling through Lowes.

Regarding the 372xp showing up in Bailey's catalog, I thought the last ones were in the pipeline back in December. That's the last time I fall for that one.

Jack

Note - the 4 models of saws are same price at Lowes and dealers.

Note 2 - I'd guess Baileys 'cleaned out" that pipeline.

Al :cheers:

Note - the 4 models of saws are same price at Lowes and dealers.

Al :cheers:

Point taken. I guess the dealers can hope to benefit as the consumers who would have bought ANY brand at the box store (and would have therefore been lost entirely as brand customers had Husky not been there) buy entry level Huskies and then come to the dealers when they're ready for bigger saws. One can always hope.

It's always interesting to see price/distribution strategies play out. I can understand Bailey's printing a catalog that goes nationwide including items that are only available locally, to a point. Presumably they have lots of local customers. But that's a lot of orange ink. And why "call for price" if you can't mail order them anyway? If the box store Huskies and dealer Huskies are the same price, then one would expect that the Bailey's Huskies would be the same price, also.

Jack

I wonder if we could have someone pick it up for us and ship? If their were an employee there that's a forum member (hint) maybe he could do it for us. Might be abusing the "no mail-order" rule though.

I don't see any big deal if Bailey's list the saws on their website if you can't order it online. To me, it's no more than looking at Husky's company website to see what saws they make if you can't purchase them online.

I did not see a big deal when you could. I enjoyed having them shipped to my door. Dealer's I agree don't ,so I can see why but sure would like to order another.

Howdy,
With the current catalog & net policy, if we advertise a price, it can't be any lower than MAP. Value added deals aren't allowed either, like saying this is the price of the saw and we're going to throw in blah, blah, and blah, so you're only paying this price for the saw.
Regards
Gregg

Latest posts

Back