• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Husky 445e

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougstar

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Gidday
I'm a newbie here. I have been trolling the web trying to find out how to get a Husky 445e with 18" bar from US to Australia. I failed miserably with Ebay.
It's time to upgrade from my trusty yet underpowered Husky 141 which is over 10 years old and lacks enough grunt.
I'm mainly wanting a medium powered saw for chopping firewood for camping.
I hope I have posted this in the correct location.
I'm in Melbourne, Australia.
Cheers folks
Dougstar

Gidday
I'm a newbie here. I have been trolling the web trying to find out how to get a Husky 445e with 18" bar from US to Australia. I failed miserably with Ebay.
It's time to upgrade from my trusty yet underpowered Husky 141 which is over 10 years old and lacks enough grunt.
I'm mainly wanting a medium powered saw for chopping firewood for camping.
I hope I have posted this in the correct location.
I'm in Melbourne, Australia.
Cheers folks
Dougstar
Welcome to AS Doug.
I'm sure you could get one shipped over, but I don't imagine you'd save much, and then there's the risk factor involved with damage and the many other things that could go wrong.
Are there non locally.
Brett

Welcome to AS Doug.
I'm sure you could get one shipped over, but I don't imagine you'd save much, and then there's the risk factor involved with damage and the many other things that could go wrong.
Are there non locally.
Brett
Gidday
Yes they sell them here but prices are horrendous. Note that shipping might cost plenty.

Gidday
Yes they sell them here but prices are horrendous. Note that shipping might cost plenty.
I would guess the costs/risks on a basic saw such as this would outweigh any benefit.
What kind of price are they asking for them there.
Is there a particular reason you want the 445e vs the 450 with the standard bar nut. If I was spending that kind of cash I would at least want the largest in that chassis so I could get the best power to weight ratio.

Hi
Don’t need the extra power with the 450. Aussie price is equivalent of $680 US. You guys pay I think $330 - so they are double here!
My old man has the 445 - beautiful saw.

Hi
Don’t need the extra power with the 450. Aussie price is equivalent of $680 US. You guys pay I think $330 - so they are double here!
My old man has the 445 - beautiful saw.
Need it or not, I see no treason not to have it if there is no downside to having the power.
That is a lot of money. I'm not sure of the price of the 445, but the 450 is around 379 last I remember.
The 450 is my favorite stock non pro saw.

Need it or not, I see no treason not to have it if there is no downside to having the power.
That is a lot of money. I'm not sure of the price of the 445, but the 450 is around 379 last I remember.
The 450 is my favorite stock non pro saw.

So what did the OP do? Enquireing minds want to know ;)

With an 18" B&C, MSRP for a 445 is $339.95, but I got my Wife's 445 Christmas present for $305 out the door, that leaves a LOT of room for shipping charges to still be worthwhile.

Even adding the 3 cans of Husky premix fuel to the deal, which Doubles the warranty from 2 years to 4 years still had the bill at $329, still more than $10 bucks off MSRP :dancing::happybanana::yes:

I don't know how the fuel would work shipping to OZ, or even if the extended warranty would apply overseas, but the 445 is a Nice saw for my Wife, a Great Price/Weight/Power Balance.
The 445 is a nice saw to have around, it wouldn't be MY ONLY, or Largest Saw, but it may be all/exactly what the OP needs, and it seems that he is familiar with the 445, so it could be the best Price/Power/weight balance for him too.

I really Like my Husky 353, but it is no longer available New, and shipping a used one to OZ would be a real gamble on everything being right with it.

A Bit more Money, but the 545, or 550XP would also be worth looking at, and both have Magnesium Crankcases.

Doug :cheers:

prolly went to the STIHL dealer.:laughing: Hi Brett.:hi:

Wouldn't that make it even MORE Expensive?

A $339 Husky in the US = $680 in OZ

so a LESSER Stihl about $400 in the US should = about $850 in OZ right? ;):)

His whole goal was to Get a BETTER Saw for LESS Money, Not a LESSER Saw for MORE MONEY :confused: :);)

Wouldn't that make it even MORE Expensive?

A $339 Husky in the US = $680 in OZ

so a LESSER Stihl about $400 in the US should = about $850 in OZ right? ;):)

His whole goal was to Get a BETTER Saw for LESS Money, Not a LESSER Saw for MORE MONEY :confused: :);)

:cry: i'm glad we can bust nutz without getting all riled up. :happy: the prices down under are crazy for saws. a couple of guys have bought new ported saws from the US and even with shipping was cheaper than buying one there.

:cry: i'm glad we can bust nutz without getting all riled up. :happy: the prices down under are crazy for saws. a couple of guys have bought new ported saws from the US and even with shipping was cheaper than buying one there.

I have admitted in the past(Grudgingly ;)) That Stihl makes a Great saw too, at least they have made ONE Great saw, serial# 47325XX:laughing:

But I enjoy the Ford vs Chevy banter, and don't let it get me too riled up. When I bought my first saw of my own back in 91', I had originally started looking at McCulloch, because as a kid my Dad had a Super Pro 60 that was a Damn Good saw, and Yellow is what you saw a lot of in the loggers hands back then. By 91, I think it was Black and Decker had bought Yellow and they were NOT the saws that I grew up with.

I knew people that Had Huskys, and people that had Stihl, each liked their saws, and running each I decided that BOTH were Excellent, well built quality tools, and at the time, I just got more saw for my money with Husky, the 266XP being the saw that best fit my needs at the time, a Decision that I have never regretted, that 266 is a saw that I will never part with. Husqvarna builds saws for any need that I have, so I have stuck with them, another decision that I have yet to regret.

Now days, both companies "Sthil" build Great saws, and the prices are usually within about $10 or so on comparable saws, but the Stihl dealer network is so much stronger, that if all my saws were stolen, or destroyed in a Fire or other disaster, I would seriously consider replacing them with Stihl, because the Dealer network is there, these days that IMO, is Husqvarna's BIG Weakness, I still Like/Prefer their saws, but all the old dealers that I dealt with are gone.

Those prices down under, are OVER the Top, CAD would be VERY EXPENSIVE down in OZ :(:(

Back