Husky Hong Kong replacement parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have also brought a fuel tank assembly 6 months ago and had no problems,i almost feel the 365s are chinese now!!!may as well be there junk after a few years of work..

I think it pays to remember that not all Chinese made aftermarket parts are created equal. Some are better than others but unfortunately buying from eBay you never know what you're getting. I have a whole range of aftermarket Chinese parts here for the 365/372 etc but with the prices you guys pay in the states for genuine stuff I'd grab that anyday.Even smaller issues like screw holes being larger than their OEM counterparts can pop up from time to time.

I have 10 aftermarket tanks here for the 365/372 and only 8 of them have what I would call saleable plastic welds joining the two tank halves. The other 2 are probably solid but you never quite know if they'll leak eventually. The variability of the Chinese stuff is quite extraordinary.

Good points, worth repeating! :msp_wink:

Good points, worth repeating! :msp_wink:

Sad but true Sawtroll. Having imported a swag of Husky parts from China you really do have to run over basically every single item with a fine tooth comb. Companies or businesses that do not inspect every single piston and cylinder kit or every aftermarket tank, starter cover, etc etc must have a hell of a lot of returns as far as a percentage goes. Obviously some manufacturers are better than others and it is really important to target the better ones, even if the items cost you more...

I was at a Husky dealership the other day getting some filters for my Exmark Zero Turn and was looking at brand new Husky's while I waited for the counter to open. I was simply amazed that not one saw on the wall had covers, panels or plastic that matched in color, one saw clearly had 3 different shades of orange on it, that said, I don't see how buying a part from Hong Kong would/could hurt the aesthetic part of a Husky, they don't match in color straight from the manufacturer.

Sam

I was at a Husky dealership the other day getting some filters for my Exmark Zero Turn and was looking at brand new Husky's while I waited for the counter to open. I was simply amazed that not one saw on the wall had covers, panels or plastic that matched in color, one saw clearly had 3 different shades of orange on it, that said, I don't see how buying a part from Hong Kong would/could hurt the aesthetic part of a Husky, they don't match in color straight from the manufacturer.

Sam

Well, all of mine match. I guess I got luckey.:hmm3grin2orange:

close but not close enough

I work with mfg's in USA, China, Pakistan etc... even have a good quaility asian molder but in this case- China making Chinese OEM copy replacement parts is a long term way of them learning what goes into the whole tool. Plastics are jus plastics..not when it comes to brittle failures or chemical crazing or engineered strength with a more expensive glass reinforced plastic. These copy Parts are often reverse engineered meaning close to size but maybe not close enough. Buying poorly copy part that "looks" like your Husky part is fine if you need cosmetics but for saving a few bucks --that is no different than being the USA manufacturer outsourcing to "Shinzen" just because it is cheaper.. Some of big name saws have a few parts from global sources- but most of the critical parts are still made in the Carolina's of USA, Canada, Germany..etc

Back