Husky t540 Xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jlhotstick3

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys, I jus got bad news from my dealer.. He was on the phone w the husky rep n they told him the t540 was discontinued! Originally they told him it would be available on the east coast in July. He told me that it was offered on the west coast since December but they were discontinuing them. Anyone else hear nething??

Are people really still waiting for those to come out? I quit caring months ago,it was always the same story 1 month,2months,next month......:chatter:

All i know about it is that i have some english arborist work colleges here in sweden that have been using the T540 prototype! and they say "stay away" from this piece of ####! allmost everything is breaking on it! and the power is simply not there in the cut when you need it! some bad parts that been falling of the saw: brake handle, start/stop button, bad plastic cracking all around the saw! they say: Husky!..make it over again......and make it right!!:msp_mad:

that´s what they told me!......i dont know......:msp_confused:

All i know about it is that i have some english arborist work colleges here in sweden that have been using the T540 prototype! and they say "stay away" from this piece of ####! allmost everything is breaking on it! and the power is simply not there in the cut when you need it! some bad parts that been falling of the saw: brake handle, start/stop button, bad plastic cracking all around the saw! they say: Husky!..make it over again......and make it right!!:msp_mad:

Wow that's crazy, I didn't know that. I was looking forward to trying it out to see if it was better than the 201. Well I guess we'll never know now lol.

They're not gonna discontinue that saw because it can't meet 'US' EPA regs

They sell very well in Europe..Scandinavia..Australia..etc.
:cheers:
J2F

This is why i have always had Stihl top handles and the rest are Husky's. However i did recently but a Echo 355T that i really like.

This is why i have always had Stihl top handles and the rest are Husky's. However i did recently but a Echo 355T that i really like.

I agree, I jus figured I would see what all they hype was with that saw. I think I saw in ather thread u said u bought the echo, what do you think of it?

I agree, I jus figured I would see what all they hype was with that saw. I think I saw in ather thread u said u bought the echo, what do you think of it?

I like it. Out of the box the Echo smokes the 201T but after the mods on the 201T its all changes and the 201T comes out on top but the Echo gives it a run for the money but i don't think IMO i don't think its worth the $200 price difference between the two.

I also have a 201T Brad did that i really like too So I guess it comes down to money

Last edited:
I like it. Out of the box the Echo smokes the 201T but after the mods on the 201T its all changes and the 201T comes out on top but the Echo gives it a run for the money but i don't think IMO i don't think its worth the $200 price difference between the two.

I also have a 201T Brad did thag i really like too So I guess it comes down to money

I hear ya, he modded mine too n I love it now. I worked with a few tree trimmers on the past storm we had here n one had an echo n he liked his. Ill have to try one out for the hell of it, I try to stay openminded.

So the 'rep' tells the dealer...and then the dealer tells you...then you tell us...

Waay back in the 50's we would do the 'experiment' with about 10 of us in a chair side by side.

The teacher would whisper a sentence into the first persons ear...then they would whisper to the next one.

Then at the end..the teacher would ask the last student to say what the sentence was...

It would always be Waay off what the original sentence was..of course she had it wrote on paper.

Very good lesson in life..don't believe what you hear because things are seldom what they seem.

Some here know my occupation...and will understand why I have retained the 'experiment' info..forever..!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fish...Come Back..You threw me up on the stage..barefooted..!!!! - I need more training to be the Ultimate Azzhole..!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cheers:
J2F

So the 'rep' tells the dealer...and then the dealer tells you...then you tell us...

Waay back in the 50's we would do the 'experiment' with about 10 of us in a chair side by side.

The teacher would whisper a sentence into the first persons ear...then they would whisper to the next one.

Then at the end..the teacher would ask the last student to say what the sentence was...

It would always be Waay off what the original sentence was..of course she had it wrote on paper.

Very good lesson in life..don't believe what you hear because things are seldom what they seem.

Some here know my occupation...and will understand why I have retained the 'experiment' info..forever..!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fish...Come Back..You threw me up on the stage..barefooted..!!!! - I need more training to be the Ultimate Azzhole..!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cheers:
J2F

My Grandpa told me believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see.

Haha hey I'm jus sayen what he asked and was told by the person on the other end of the phone said when I was there , I guess time will tell

:popcorn: Im waiting for Spike or TK to chime in on this thread. The top handle saw is the only catagory I dont have and was wanting to get this 540. May have to go back and look at the Echo 355 and 201 though if the wait will be that much longer.:bang:

On the Brit arb board, reports are that the saw has finally hit dealer shelves. Only one person says he's bought one...likes it a lot better than the 201.

That's what I heard, indirectly, from Reg Coates, from a BC arborist who was testing one. Worked well.

As long as it's been delayed, nothing would surprise me, including it being pulled.

The 355 I did is a strong runner......I have no idea how well they hold up though.

I'm in no hurry. I refuse to settle. It's hard for me to go from $0 to $600 but it is easy to jump from $400 to $600 once I'm committed to the "buy". I know as soon as I get a 201 the 540 will come out swinging.:msp_wub:

Back