Husky t540

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MreeceC

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well...... Lets here who has one and what you think so far. I have had two and both are running and holding up great. I think it a well designed saw. I have had it apart and to me its right with the 200t. I don't have a 200t but would like to see them both in a timed cut. Really wish bsnelling would get his hands on one. Thanks for your input ahead of time. BTW this not a bash stihl or husky thread... Just want to see where others are with there T540's.

I have two also ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389739108.328679.jpg and becoming more of a fan each day I use them.i have a snellerized 201t and it has more power than the husky, I'm gonna time them in cuts soon when I get a chance.

I always ran 200's but I am liking the new 540. Gonna grab another one. Takes a little getting used to, little different than the 200 which is like a shoe box with a top handle. Lots of power. I am happy.

I always ran 200's but I am liking the new 540. Gonna grab another one. Takes a little getting used to, little different than the 200 which is like a shoe box with a top handle. Lots of power. I am happy.

I agree with the shoe box feel. Never felt that way before the 540 and now I don't like that.

I've had one since late September, first in Canada to have one (besides the odd dealer demo) like some have said takes a bit to get used to and the more you use it the better it gets power wise once fully broken in. Love it so far! Have used it in plus 25 degree weather and -31 and performs flawlessly! Will for sure buy another and recomend them to anyone even thinking of buying a 201! Save yourself the pain and agony!

Am leery of a Husky's long term durability! (Even though I bought a 346xp last year).
Mediocre dealer support up here (think that has finally changed).
Aren't you supposed to be careful buying a new vehicle in the first year the model is introduced?
Just like when a new computer operating system gets rolled out, bugs and all.
Lemme know when the honeymoon is over, Deevo!

Am leery of a Husky's long term durability! (Even though I bought a 346xp last year).
Mediocre dealer support up here (think that has finally changed).
Aren't you supposed to be careful buying a new vehicle in the first year the model is introduced?
Just like when a new computer operating system gets rolled out, bugs and all.
Lemme know when the honeymoon is over, Deevo!
Thats why they waited so long to feed it to the wolves up in the great white north! lol! At least they tested it and wrinkled out the hiccups unlike stihl and the mini boat anchor 201! As for dealer support, if I need anything I get it from treestuff faster then my local guys who carry nothing and are outrageously over priced!

For sure reliability is up in the air. But from what I can see they have a well built saw.
It's really hard to call this a new saw. It's been in testing for a long time. Yes it is new but just to us.

Make sure your groundsmen do not overfill and let it spill all over the filter and carb, becomes a super pita to start Just saying

I agree that the 201 is a total dog as it comes from the factory. However, after a few simple mods, it'll out perform your beloved 200. I've seen men that considered the 201 "useless" actually come to prefer it over the 200. With that said, this 540 does look promising.

I was considering selling my 201 for a 540 until I had brad mod it, I love this saw now! I know its early still but I would like to see a comparison between a modded 201 and 540.

I agree that the 201 is a total dog as it comes from the factory. However, after a few simple mods, it'll out perform your beloved 200. I've seen men that considered the 201 "useless" actually come to prefer it over the 200. With that said, this 540 does look promising.

You need one blsnelling!! Whats up?? when will you have your way with the 540?? should I send you one? I would be willing to send you mine to review and make a video.

Back