Husqvarna 130-First Look

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sincerely hope that once you finish this morning's coffee, you will get outside and make a video of it in some wood. I love my cheap and light little saws so this good looking little guy has my attention.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Helping a neighbor right after breakfast but I’ll have it running today.

According to the website, it has "air-injection" as does the 135 Mk2.
The exhaust port is narrow because the transfers are right next door.
It’s interesting that they now have this saw and the slightly larger cc, lighter, but more expensive 135 mk2. I noticed the 135 is rated at 2.01 hp versus 2 on the 130.

Looks like a neat well thought out package. I used my old 240sg a lot for clearing saplings and brush while cutting access roads to the $ timber for the loggers.

I put one of my other bars and chain on it so I can keep the OE bar new. Also want to be able to use a chain that I sharpened so I have a better idea how it baselines versus the 142.

D8AE8247-9362-44F2-A8C1-39184E833729.jpeg

Bucked up this birch from crown to stump for the first cuts with the 130. The saw was a little boggy for the first cuts despite 4 stroking while unloaded.

Once that cleared up it cuts well. Self feeds nicely and you can put some pressure on it before it bogs. For a stock 38 cc homeowner saw it cuts quite well.

0E4B5479-F189-4103-B0C0-20721AC1FC93.jpeg

So is this a husky design or a poulan design?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
The Poulan-made Huskys were Husky--designed, i.e. they were designed in consideration of all available techniques AND for manufacture in the Arkansas plant.
The 130/135 is similarly designed considering input from all Husky divisions, specifically for manufacture in their Jenn Feng plant.

The Poulan-made Huskys were Husky--designed, i.e. they were designed in consideration of all available techniques AND for anufacture in the Arkansas plant.
The 130/135 is similarly designed considering input from all Husky divisions, specifically for manufacture in their Jenn Feng plant.
I’m still at a loss why they would create two totally different designs that were less than 3 cc apart and $30 difference in price point. Maybe to see which was more successful and then crash the other design along with the junk 240/120 saws?

It’s interesting that they now have this saw and the slightly larger cc, lighter, but more expensive 135 mk2. I noticed the 135 is rated at 2.01 hp versus 2 on the 130.
I think it's an artificial differentiation.
130 1.5kw
135 II 1.6kw
Yet the cylinder, piston, carburetor, intake bits, muffler and ignition are identical on both.

The Poulan-made Huskys were Husky--designed, i.e. they were designed in consideration of all available techniques AND for manufacture in the Arkansas plant.
Where is Jenn Feng plant?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I did it to on my 450. Don’t know how but I did. More than few cuss words were said trying to get it disengaged.

I’m right there with you. Pretty sure I even invented a few over it lol. That’s actually how I got into saws more and on this site. Didn’t know how to fix it and got mad so I decided to start learning more. Ended up buying a ms391 and now I don’t have either of those saws but have a lot better.

I did it to on my 450. Don’t know how but I did. More than few cuss words were said trying to get it disengaged.

I’m right there with you. Pretty sure I even invented a few over it lol. That’s actually how I got into saws more and on this site. Didn’t know how to fix it and got mad so I decided to start learning more. Ended up buying a ms391 and now I don’t have either of those saws but have a lot better.

I did that once a few years back, it sort of slipped off easily but definitely wasn't going back on. Had to reset it manually.

I think it's an artificial differentiation.
130 1.5kw
135 II 1.6kw
Yet the cylinder, piston, carburetor, intake bits, muffler and ignition are identical on both.
My bad.

The 130 and 135 are different saws....the 130 and the 135 Mk 2 appear to be identical except for the side chain tensioner on the 135-2 as well as a $50 price difference.

the 135 is a totally different saw.

Go figure...

Where is Jenn Feng plant?
My info is from 2008.
Jenn Feng was a Taiwanese company largely manufacturing in China, similar to Hong Kong company Techtronics.
McCulloch saws sold in USA have come from there before and since Husqvarna ownership.

Attachments

• 200803172014-2.pdf
    26.8 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back