Husqvarna 130-First Look

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jenn Feng is/was headquartered in Taiwan but it's manufacturing plants are in China, probably the same as where McCullochs are made but could be a new facility.

...and, "Made in China" is on the label in the OPs photo ;)
It's OEM though.. right? I'm sure they imported their steel, and used something other than Chinese materials to manufacture these. Surely Husqvarna wouldn't sell out like that?

It's definitively OEM. Husqvarna owns and controls the plant (unlike Apple iPhones which are outsourced to Foxconn).
As OEM as Husqvarna saws made entirely in Nashville, Arkansas.
The important thing is not the source of the raw materials or the location of the plant but the quality the design, the design-for-manufacture and the the manufacture itself.

Btw, there's a lot of aluminium and polyacrylamide in a chainsaw powerhead, very little steel but yes, the quality of everything is key!

It's OEM though.. right? I'm sure they imported their steel, and used something other than Chinese materials to manufacture these. Surely Husqvarna wouldn't sell out like that?
Right above "made in China" it say Huskvarna... They spelled it wrong.. lmao.

It's definitively OEM. Husqvarna owns and controls the plant (unlike Apple iPhones which are outsourced to Foxconn).
As OEM as Husqvarna saws made entirely in Nashville, Arkansas.
The important thing is not the source of the raw materials or the location of the plant but the quality the design, the design-for-manufacture and the the manufacture itself.

Btw, there's a lot of aluminium and polyacrylamide in a chainsaw powerhead, very little steel but yes, the quality of everything is key!
Ohh... I see, so we are still supporting the American economy then..... Glad to know that. So, wait a minute.. are you saying iphones are outsourced too?

The t-wrench is for resetting the chain brake. It is AMAZING how many people pull the side covers off with the brake engaged and can't get them back on. We see this a couple times a week.

As I said in the earlier post, we have only sold a dozen of them. But we wouldn't even stock the 240 because it was garbage. But now we actually have a $199 saw that we aren't afraid to sell..

So the cut-out wrench is for releasing the brake :surprised3: I guess every little thing helps.

In the OPs pics the apparent quality seems above average for the class of saw. That to me indicates good attention to detail in both design and manufacture.

So Chinese manufactured saws are deliberately trying to replace American made saws... That's a strange business model. Must be cheaper to manufacture over there for some reason.
Well I figure since it is a large company, it's perfectly fine to purchase from the Chinese and sell for profit to Americans as long as they print "made in China" in tiny words on the handle then everyone will turn a blind eye and keep on believing they are still manufactured by Americans with swedish engineering.

So the cut-out wrench is for releasing the brake :surprised3: I guess every little thing helps.

In the OPs pics the apparent quality seems above average for the class of saw. That to me indicates good attention to detail in both design and manufacture.
Oh I completely agree. A beautiful saw.

Well I figure since it is a large company, it's perfectly fine to purchase from the Chinese and sell for profit to Americans as long as they print "made in China" in tiny words on the handle then everyone will turn a blind eye and keep on believing they are still manufactured by Americans with swedish engineering.
That may be a particularly American way of looking at it. I doubt that anyone outside the US would think they were supporting American manufacture by buying a chainsaw with a Swedish name.

Latest posts

Back