Husqvarna 257 locally

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very owned one since 1997. They're durable, reliable and they will handle full chisel 3/8" chain. But, the anti-vibe system isn't as good as the 3 and 5 series saws, they don't have the side chain tensioner like the 3 and 5 series saws and they don't have the quick release clips to access the air filter and spark plug like the 3 and 5 series saws. IMO, I wouldn't give $200 unless used saws are in high demand in your hood.

The 357’s are priced much higher here, the 359/346’s are priced higher too.

I stand corrected not a homeowners saw. But I think a decent saw starts at the 460 rancher and goes to the xp’s. But someone posted here the 257 is a decent saw while it’s no 357/346.

Bill you are the same guy that posted, at one time, that an eager beaver saw was impressive to you!

I didn’t expect it to cut. For a dirt cheap $25 saw to carry on a quad it’s perfect. It won’t come close to my older 240S or 240SE but a notch above a hand saw. With a good sharp chain the beaver cut. So what’s your point?

I’m not the one buying saws here. I have enough saws that need fixin. I don’t care for the smaller cc saws anyway.

Found one for sale...says it runs alright, cones with a couple well used bars but the saw looks clean. I know its 57cc...built in the 90s but ive never had hands on one.

If its a solid saw are they worth 200 bucks?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Did you decide yet? Rupedoggy has some deals if they run.

If I was selling a 257 like that. That is the price I would be looking to get out of it. Other then the open port cylinder they are a solid saw. But looking at signature it says you have a 350. Different feel, different designs, different pluses and minuses. But kind of the same class of saw in my opinion.

If I was selling a 257 like that. That is the price I would be looking to get out of it. Other then the open port cylinder they are a solid saw. But looking at signature it says you have a 350. Different feel, different designs, different pluses and minuses. But kind of the same class of saw in my opinion.

It’s 50 cc vs 57 cc probably different port timing and tuning. Just 7 cc’s can make a big difference. If I had a 350 and was going to go bigger I’d look for a 262/266/268/272 saw.

Missed out on a cs590 this morning. I took yalls advice and passed on the old husky.

Sold a couple days ago after i passed on it. It was near mobile alabama

Exactly guys. The 257 won't really do anything the 350 won't do. The 350 feels lighter, seems to rev up faster, has slightly better anti vibe and does this all slightly less reliably then a 257 which is easier to work on. If you wanted this size of saw to brush or limb with go 350, if you a bucking firewood go 257

Back