• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell HUSQVARNA 262XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This raffle needs to be posted in the Chainsaw forum, or at least linked in the thread about the passing of Chris.

The 2015 might be a typo???

Yes, I tried to be clear that is why I quoted Rodger but then I made a typo. :dizzy: I'll go back and edit it, thanks.

Yes, I tried to be clear that is why I quoted Rodger but then I made a typo. :dizzy: I'll go back and edit it, thanks.
jon1270 sent me a PM stating that in the state of Mississippi a private raffle to raise moey is illegal punishable by fine/imprisonment.if this is legally correct i will have to terminate such activity and refund all money sent-i had no idea-i was only trying to help his wife and son

jon1270 sent me a PM stating that in the state of Mississippi a private raffle to raise moey is illegal punishable by fine/imprisonment.if this is legally correct i will have to terminate such activity and refund all money sent-i had no idea-i was only trying to help his wife and son
You gotta be kidding me. Seems like there are ways around this. Its all about perception. Maybe you "gift" the saw to another member and said member can make a lump sum "contribution" to you for the family on behalf of the gift to you. If said member would like to "hold the raffle" to provide a lump sum contribution then you are removed from liability. :dizzy:

You gotta be kidding me. Seems like there are ways around this. Its all about perception. Maybe you "gift" the saw to another member and said member can make a lump sum "contribution" to you for the family on behalf of the gift to you. If said member would like to "hold the raffle" to provide a lump sum contribution then you are removed from liability. :dizzy:
i will need some definite guidance/advice on this matter hopefully from someone on this site who has done this previously to assist/benefit a charitable cause

i will need some definite guidance/advice on this matter hopefully from someone on this site who has done this previously to assist/benefit a charitable cause
After doing homework/research on raffle auction laws in the state of Mississippi,is is illegal to hold a raffle auction unless the proceeds are distributed to a tax exempt organization(church,non-profit registered entity,etc).i had no idea of such but to be in ''compliance" with the law,i will have to stop the well intentioned raffle auction of the husky 262xp for the family of Chris Singer( SkippyTM).All arborsite members that were kind/generous enough to send money for ticket purchases-i will return your money to you.i apologize for this.

After doing homework/research on raffle auction laws in the state of Mississippi,is is illegal to hold a raffle auction unless the proceeds are distributed to a tax exempt organization(church,non-profit registered entity,etc).i had no idea of such but to be in ''compliance" with the law,i will have to stop the well intentioned raffle auction of the husky 262xp for the family of Chris Singer( SkippyTM).All arborsite members that were kind/generous enough to send money for ticket purchases-i will return your money to you.i apologize for this.

How about this: If Ted (Warped5, Chris' family friend) will take over the administration of this thing, send him what you have so far as a "gift" for Chris' family. He's in Indiana, I think. Then he can continue to receive contributions from us until January 1 when he draws a name and posts it here and makes a presentation to Chris' family. Then you can "give away" your saw to the right person. That is assuming Indiana will allow us to give a monetary gift to a grieving family.

It is right to help people.

Cheers,
Glenn

How about this: If Ted (Warped5, Chris' family friend) will take over the administration of this thing, send him what you have so far as a "gift" for Chris' family. He's in Indiana, I think. Then he can continue to receive contributions from us until January 1 when he draws a name and posts it here and makes a presentation to Chris' family. Then you can "give away" your saw to the right person. That is assuming Indiana will allow us to give a monetary gift to a grieving family.

It is right to help people.

Cheers,
Glenn
i agree it is right to help people but with the variances in laws(different states),interstate commerce,etc. i hate to say it but the legal ramifications of an initially well intentioned project prevents my continuing the raffle event

Oh for christs sake we have people on hear everyday that talk about saw mods that violate EPA rules. Just have the dern raffle.

Sucks, probably a law that's not even enforced?

Roger, just go ahead a send my $30 to the family if you will. Surely that part isn't illegal.

Thanks for your efforts!

Yea, it would take a monumental tosser to report such activities for ANY legal action to be taken. There are a whole lot of monumental tossers out there though……..

What the hell is wrong with the world Don?

Back