Husqvarna 346 xp vs echo 501sx wich one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you already run the saw and prove it with "normal" bars what's left as far as testing goes? Or is it that it bothers you there are more aspects to engine power then screaming RPM? It takes power to move a chain, the longer the chain the more power in likewise bigger wood. If this wasn't the case there wouldn't be saws like the 880, 090 or 3120. If a saw pulls a bar much longer then it's competitors in that class it is more powerful. It's that plane and simple.

A 36” bar on a 60cc do you think that’s a bit much? I figure a 60 cc saw a 24” bar with a skip tooth chain would be max. Are you after a light weight saw with a big bar?

I have no testing to do. I just enjoy collecting them, my sons will run them sooner or later.

Let me just go ahead and throw this out there. I don't know about the other size classes, but in 60cc there is no other saw, not dolmar, certainly not the 562xp I also own, or anything else that will pull the bar the echo 620 will. Prove me wrong, please. I'll send you my 562xp as a gift. I've tested the 32 on it, without being gentle. Hard wood, soft, noodling.... It doesn't even come close to bogging and takes no effort to keep it going at that length. It can without a doubt go bigger. 20", 24", 28" and 32" all seem the same buried. That's power.
I'll be waiting.

Let me know if you need my shipping address. That's a 36" bar in hardwood on my 60cc 036.

Yesterday i get the cs-501sx im my hands , it feels very little or almost the same lighter than 346xp it seems to be a very well made saw after all it has a tag on it "made in japan" which is important for anything not only a chainsaw.Weight is important (+0.6 kilos and 8+ hours working) thats why dolmar 5105 and stihl 271 485 euro(i felt the weight difference a lot with 271) are out for me 5.6kg(12.3lb) for both german saw vs 5(11lb) husky 550 eyro and 4.7(10.3lb)echo 499 euro the stihl261 covers my needs but my wallet doesn't cover it's price 700euro.Conclusion still haven't decide :confused::confused: maybe i will leave it for a day or two and i'll see.Thank you all for your advice's and your time.

Let me know if you need my shipping address. That's a 36" bar in hardwood on my 60cc 036.

That's one short looking 36", either the 562xp video earlier has a longer bar then the stated 36 or Stihl inches are a bit shorter then the standard US inch. Watch the two videos, there's a big difference in length... Somebody is off a bit. But I'll play because that's still an easier cut then what I did with the 32"
Looks like the. Echo is getting a 36"+ bar. Stay tuned.

Any chance we can take the 60cc **** swinging to it's own thread fellas? The 501 on paper looks pretty interesting, but they're rare around here and I'm wondering how hard I should try and get one.
There's always room for more 60cc **** swinging! Yeah good point, we did hijack the crap out of this post.

I found only a few differences between p / SX versions...
- carburetor: A021004570 / A021-004410
- handle: C040000850 / C040-000830 (both aluminium and the same shape, maybe different rubber?)
- air filter: A226001090 / A226-001580 (both look quite the same, maybe different piece only because of the carb?)
- bar: hard / replaceable sprocket nose

- carburetor: A021004320 / A021-004150
- handle: C410001252 / C400-001170 (both aluminium and the same shape, maybe different rubber?)

That's one short looking 36", either the 562xp video earlier has a longer bar then the stated 36 or Stihl inches are a bit shorter then the standard US inch. Watch the two videos, there's a big difference in length... Somebody is off a bit. But I'll play because that's still an easier cut then what I did with the 32"
Looks like the. Echo is getting a 36"+ bar. Stay tuned.
Your very proud of your echo cutting with a 32" b/c & I get that, its fine. But you do know noodling is the easiest cutting method on a saw don't you? Compared to say cross cutting or ripping.

Back