Husqvarna 346 xp vs echo 501sx wich one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I actually recommend them to a lot of the guys who were more into the straight bars of the stihl saws, now though it seems even stihl has followed husky on making a proper bar angle :clap:.
The fastest stock saw on that chassis I ever owned was a 2153, bummer it was stolen from me :cry:, but I've had quite a few of them through the years and I think I've recovered okay :D. Although I could probably use another just in case :cool:.

Have you ran a 550 mk1, they handle even better.
Have not, if anything the newer version seems to be doing
better in that anyone who bought them no longer complain
of hot starts impossible starts and cooked top ends.
They are a little heavier, but I would take that over breakdowns
any day, on a small saw it won’t matter much.

We’re on about the 346xp, if the Jonsered 2153 was it brother,
then that saw was lighter than the current 550xp mk2,
so much for progress.

Have not, if anything the newer version seems to be doing
better in that anyone who bought them no longer complain
of hot starts impossible starts and cooked top ends.
They are a little heavier, but I would take that over breakdowns
any day, on a small saw it won’t matter much.

We’re on about the 346xp, if the Jonsered 2153 was it brother,
then that saw was lighter than the current 550xp mk2,
so much for progress.
You need to try one if you like the 346/2153.
They had the bugs out of the late model mk1, when I think of a compact and easy to handle saw the mk2 doesn't come to mind for me at this stage in the game.
Now if you had a 2 saw plan like the mk2 and a 572 that would be fine, I just have too many other options like a 2016 mk1 that never misses a beat so...
I never had a problem with those issues on the mk1 and would still buy another late model one and not be to concerned about them. The reality is the mk2 hasn't been around long so we know less of what to expect than the late model mk2's, as well many of the 346's you will buy these days have at least had a piston and rings replaced on them.
Did you get a 2018 346 before they stopped selling them, everyone should have one or two 346's available :yes:.

Should we start another thread, can you tell us which girls
we’re the most satisfying, are they going to send ya a t-shirt,
are we going to get a new version of either brand in 50cc,
or did Makita actually mean the Dolmar version is also going.
They we’re both nice professional ladies.
When the Echo lady said no heated handles I cried and told her how cold it is up here. She felt sorry for me and suggested I use those heat packs in my gloves.
The Makita lady was equally sympathetic when I told her my pee freezes before it hits the ground and I’m shack wacky and need a checkup from the neckup.
I’ll call her back tomorrow and tell her some more lies I guess.
The Stalking Hermit

They we’re both nice professional ladies.
When the Echo lady said no heated handles I cried and told her how cold it is up here. She felt sorry for me and suggested I use those heat packs in my gloves.
The Makita lady was equally sympathetic when I told her my pee freezes before it hits the ground and I’m shack wacky and need a checkup from the neckup.
I’ll call her back tomorrow and tell her some more lies I guess.
The Stalking Hermit
I was actually going to ask you if you had tried the Milwaukee battery gloves.
You could probably just run a 1/4 pipe to the handle from the exhaust :p.

I was actually going to ask you if you had tried the Milwaukee battery gloves.
You could probably just run a 1/4 pipe to the handle from the exhaust :p.
‘‘Twas only minus 9 today, do the Milwaukee gloves come in baby blue? If so I’m down for a couple of pairs.

Today reminded me of how much I miss my 372’s , all 9 of them with blown bottom ends, no complaints I sliced and diced at least 3000 cords with them and rebuilt them more times than I care to mention.
Now all I have at my disposal is one MS 460, a strange transition from yon beautiful 372 . It’s not the 460, it’s me, but I just can’t twig to it. Seven out of 10 trees I hang up with this 046 ,compared to the 1 out of 30 I hang up with a 372. I’d take an 044 any day over the 046. I need to work on my 372’s, 359’s and 346’s and so on. Plus the the 372 is a much more manly saw than the 046 is. Bottom line, Stihl makes the best saw and sawtroll agrees.
I hate being sawless!

Back