Husqvarna 385XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full vs. 1/2 ?

I believe Stumper basically covered it. I assume NYSawBoss is a tree removal person and not a logger. I would assume that the majority of tree removals are done on yard and landsacpe trees. Generally that indicates somewhat flat ground which would not require to work only of one side of the tree. I own saws with all forms of handles 1/2, Stihl 3/4, and full. They all have there place and it is hard to tell someone what they need when we are not in their situation.

Bill

Hey Dan...how does my 440 look now... i wouldn't mind a reverse swap. I updated the 385 by putting the newer type air filter in it as well as the new slightly taller air filter cover. Let me know. I miss the lower weight of my 440. Thanks a lot.

tony

I'm stoopid and have no experience with sawing
but can someone please explain what a half wrap full wrap handle is? please

(its just fast chainsaws that have interested me until now)

thanks

The handle of the saw most people hold with their left hand. Its either half wrap-meaning only goes around flywheel side of saw or full wrap-meaning it goes around flywheel side and clutch side.

Back