Husqvarna 445

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treehugger2011

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I finally went to a couple of local saw shops this past weekend. Looked at the Stihl MS-250, Echo 370 and 400 and the Husqvarna
435 and 445. Of those 5 I surprisingly liked the Husqvarna 445 the best. I'm looking for something dependable, moderately priced, low in weight, and that doesn't have a toolless chain tensioning system. Any thoughts on this model and is it worth the extra $40.00 dollars over the 435? Thanks.

I personally would get the 350 it is the same saw as the 345 but with bigger piston and cylinder. I dont think there is any weight difference between the two if there is you wont notice it

I really like my like new used 350 that I bought for $120. I'm sure you will like the 345.

I would get the 445 over the 435, it's worth it.

For most use, it no doubt is, as the 435 is a bit low on power.

It all depends on the biggest saw you've used - everything else just might seem a little low on power :laugh:

While it does boast a nice 27% power increase over the 435 - it also adds 1.5lbs to carry. On the flipside, no simple mod is going to bump the 435 up to what the 445 can handle, making the 445 worth it all the more :smile2: And 10.8lbs is still a light saw in the world of rear handles IMO.

Definitely 445, maybe even the 450

I've got a 445, and regretted not buying the 450. Now I regret not buying a 346 XP, but that was out of my price range at the time.

The 445 is a nice saw, but I'm cutting a lot of hardwoods and find it underpowered. For occasional use, it's a great saw, but for a bit more the 450 has extra power and about the same weight. If you can afford it, pick up the 450.

The 435 will do a nice job for limbing and wood up to 8"-10" or so. Very fast little saw. If you're cutting anything over that I'd look at the 445 or even the 450 as others have mentioned.

Al

Last edited:

I may as well take a swing at this one.I bought a new 445 a few months ago. It has been a great saw that has virtually no vibration, is a gas sipping wonder, and easily started when hot. The only bad thing is the chain should be replaced and the carburetor needs to be richened up on both low and high sides. This requires a special tool. But I am well satisfied:msp_smile:. True it is not a 346xp but some of us do not have the $$ for these hot rods.I would not go over a 16 BC, Ken

You can keep 1-upping a saw until you hit the 3120xp. Just pick the saw that suits your needs and you'll be happy with it. If you try to use it for something it's not designed for, then don't be ugly with the saw - be ugly with yourself ;)

Thanks for the replies guys but my price limit stops at the 445 model. Was looking for a better quality and lighter saw than my Craftsman and that doesn't have tool less chain tensioning. All things go as planned I hope to pick it up next week while I'm on vacation.

As you see, Ive got the 435! And for the smaller stuff, it´s the best, because it´s so light! But when you go above 6-8 inch, it really needs more!
So if it´s gonna be you your one and only, get the 445!

As you see, Ive got the 435! And for the smaller stuff, it´s the best, because it´s so light! But when you go above 6-8 inch, it really needs more!
So if it´s gonna be you your one and only, get the 445!

My dealer wouldn't recommend the 435/440 when a friend asked him about them - the dealer said that they are too low on power for general use here, and I can't really disagree......;)

Well I finally picked it up today. Started right up when I got it back home so it wasn't just the dealer who could start it :msp_ohmy:. Have only made a few small cuts mostly at angles low to the ground but even with an 18" bar it handles and feels lighter than my 16" Craftsman/Poulan. I'm looking forward to many years of service from this model. Sadly I didn't get a hat was very busy at lunch time when I was there but they're supposed to mail me one.

Latest posts

Back