Husqvarna 543XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• IMG_20131125_153330.jpg
    IMG_20131125_153330.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20131125_153149.jpg
    IMG_20131125_153149.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 102
Thanks for the pictures. I wonder if the offset cylinder makes it more slim and reduces weight. The transfer covers make it easy to port. It looks like it has potential. The biggest carb available would be a 13.5mm venturi, which works for 45cc.

I know it's a old thread but have someone used 543xp as a daily saw for living? Have anyone ported yet? I was at in husky shop last week and looked the 543xp and it wont fit to my eyes in anyway... not husky design to me. I didnt like the separate choke and stop switch. Specially the stop switch looked like its stolen from the cheap electricdrill... kind of "china" feel.

So i need new light saw in two weeks, husky 543xp or stihl 241 cm ?

I have 242xpg allready but it will some tlc before i trust it 100%

I have one and about the third tank they wake up a bit. Having said that the 241cm videos I've seen make me believe its stronger than a 543. Not sure on the weight difference but I believe the 543 is lighter. I know a 242 is a stronger saw.

Since this old thread got revived...
That's actually their cheapest 32cc saw, so in once sense it's impressive that it's a clamshell with quad closed transfers and removable covers.
Thanks for the pictures. I wonder if the offset cylinder makes it more slim and reduces weight. The transfer covers make it easy to port. It looks like it has potential. The biggest carb available would be a 13.5mm venturi, which works for 45cc.
Only the 32cc has offset transfers. Back when I was trying to figure out what their "Pure Fire" technology is, I spent some time going over their IPLs. Eventually I found a video that showed what it was, and the answer is - nothing at all. It's quad closed transfers and a cat, so all their newer "Pure Fire" saws, from the bottom end clamshells to the ones with separate cylinders have quad closed transfers and removable covers.

The older ECV-4501 and ECV-5601 don't. The ECV-5601 is actually a Zenoah G5000.

Mechakic matt: i dont really know :) maybe cheaper to send than 254xpg ;)

I wish I had the work flow like this from a pro:
(Found this recent video clip using the Husqvarna 543XP)

Probably the credit goes more to the pilot, rather than to the chosen equipment. Looks pretty elegant though.

Traktorz, what do they use those little poles for?
By the way, it does not hurt saw performance but the grey clutch cover,:(.

Traktorz, what do they use those little poles for?
By the way, it does not hurt saw performance but the grey clutch cover,:(.

There have been guys with saws and axes for a LONG time in the woods over there. You can see this is forest management, tree gardening, by what he is taking, he is thinning culls. I will guess that is small diameter firewood/biomass perhaps, or just eventually small rounds. They don't waste much over there and their structures are much better insulated than most US homes, and they can get by with smaller stoves and smaller wood.

I am guessing on that though, but from what I have read, this is reality over there.

Insulation, to modern engineering sane levels, and quality efficient stoves work.

I have been heating since yesterday afternoon with one to two inch small diameter full length rounds. Granted, it isn't cold here like up in frostbite zones,, but still, I burn a cord or two a year of small diameter stuff, because of my rule, if I touch it, I stack it.

I started doing that when I *did* live in the frostbite zone, I don't waste much from trees. I take big stuff, up to rounds that need to be made into 1/8ths before I can pick them up, medium stuff, and then a _lot_ of the smalls off of trees, it all adds up. There's what is called around this forum "limbing", which is discarding almost everything that isn't the big trunk wood, then there is firewood harvesting limbing, I do the latter. I get way more trigger time on my small saws over using any of the larger ones.

I guess too tiny for pulp yet. At next thinning though. He seems concerned with a fixed length here, I guess 3 meter typical.

Most likely for heating. Next stop therefore is the wood processor, either in industrial scale or for home usage.

Haven't heard Anything Bad about the 543xp yet... It much be a good-un...
I haven't noticed anyone come out and say they prefer rubber anti vibe to spring have you?
There isn't a picco class sprocket for it like the direct competitor.
The first test on here they tossed the bar and chain it came with, that borders on bad.
Like the Stihl MS241 the power per cc is less than the 50cc offering so I submit the bad thing is insufficient resources were brought to the task of making a model for this market segment.

I haven't noticed anyone come out and say they prefer rubber anti vibe to spring have you?
Like the Stihl MS241 the power per cc is less than the 50cc offering so I submit the bad thing is insufficient resources were brought to the task of making a model for this market segment.
I'm talkin about reports from actual use, not specs.

Looks like it uses the sprocket from the G5000. So find a spur and oil pump worm from an Earthquake CS4518 to convert it to lo pro. There may well be Zenoah parts that will do it too.

The saw comes set up for .325" 0.050" narrow kerf chains, like Oregon 95VPX & Husqvarna H30.
No need at all for the smaller 91VXL low profile chains in 3/8", since it's 2.2kW power easily handles .325", in 13" (and 15") bars.

The saw comes set up for .325" 0.050" narrow kerf chains, like Oregon 95VPX & Husqvarna H30.
No need at all for the smaller 91VXL low profile chains in 3/8", since it's 2.2kW power easily handles .325", in 13" (and 15") bars.
Makes sense. The GZ4500 was always 0.325" while the GZ4000 was 3/8 lo pro.

Latest posts

Back