Husqvarna 543XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems that the 543XP/G now is starting to be promoted, at least with a press release, and also appearing in the shops in Sweden.
nxj3uyayix12lcb0kjmr.jpg

Ref:
http://www.husqvarna.com/files/Husqvarna/Sweden/News/2013/543XP.pdf

Is that not a Redmax 4300?

img_734239_37846210_0

Well i am not saying that my favourite bar is 13", but its the most commonly used here. Even the 15-16" bars that i use are there due to the tasks that i get to do, are considered huge.

I like the "extra" 2 inches, it allows for sawing the common trunks, from one side of the tree trunk in most cases.

But if i have 15" bar, its a PITA to get a spare chain and bar...really. The shops mostly offer that 13" stuff.

13" is what mostly is in stock around here as well, but they usually have some 15" ones as well. 16" ones usually have to be ordered.

Depends on your preference. Some would argue they like to feel and control of the stiffer rubber mounts (you won't hear me argue that). I do like the stiff feel of the 660 and 440 though.

Forward/backward meh, if it starts and runs reliably I'm a fan. :rock:

In a 40cc saw, I don't mind a bit more vibes. Few small saws will vibrate as much as my ported BB 2165, anyways. But, then again, the extra weight of springs isn't as noticeable either. So, there ya go.

As for the bar length mentioned, I find a few more inches saves my back even fi the speed and power get sapped a bit. But, then again, I port all my saws.

At 8.8lbs, I'm interested in modding a Tanaka 43cc saw. Has anybody modded one of these saws? Anybody have any pictures of what they look like inside?

At 8.8lbs, I'm interested in modding a Tanaka 43cc saw. Has anybody modded one of these saws? Anybody have any pictures of what they look like inside?

I have only seen a few pretty new shop returns on those tanaka saws, took apart to see the damage. Note: never ran one, but the local shop that sells them is sorta phasing out on selling them because of this....I love their trimmers, but the build on their saws leaves something to be desired...any random old cheap small poulan is a better saw, IMO.

Zogger, two questions. Are the cylinders 'closed port'? And what was the damage that you saw when you took them apart?

Zogger, two questions. Are the cylinders 'closed port'? And what was the damage that you saw when you took them apart?

Not mine, a local shop, already taken apart and dang I don't remember. I was there getting some parts and some boots I ordered and the wrench said "hey, take a look at these" because they had started selling them and they were coming back in fast. I was more looking at how thin and chintzy everything was. Just an impression of structural strength sacrificed to lose weight I am guessing. They just didn't look substantial enough to last. I will go back and look again and find out closed or open. Sorry I can't remember right now.

I have played around with a 543xp for the last couple of weeks , and while I have heard why Husqvarna wants the saw in their lineup I am trying to figure out why Husqvarna wants this saw in their lineup. The saw is lite and handles easy but I find it useless unless you are primarily cutting wood less than three inch diameter. I don't see much of a market for it in my area especially since you could put a few more dollars in and get a lot more versatile saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not mine, a local shop, already taken apart and dang I don't remember. I was there getting some parts and some boots I ordered and the wrench said "hey, take a look at these" because they had started selling them and they were coming back in fast. I was more looking at how thin and chintzy everything was. Just an impression of structural strength sacrificed to lose weight I am guessing. They just didn't look substantial enough to last. I will go back and look again and find out closed or open. Sorry I can't remember right now.
Are you talking about the "old" real Tanaka chainsaws that where made before the merger with Hitachi, or about the new "plastic" line of chainsaws? The old line was supposed to be great japanese engeneering made to outlast other brands! I know of a few that have the old 50cc models (still offered new today) that are extremely happy and have cut more than their share of firewood.

7sleeper, that is a valid question. I noticed when doing some research on the 4501 that there were references to up to certain part numbers. I also looked at the PDF on the parts and I noticed several quality items, for example the extra machining and parts required for a woodruff key for the flywheel.

Maybe someone with some knowledge about the Tanakas could enlighten us as to whether there has been any significant changes over the years.

Latest posts

Back