Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a dyslexic sunfish! were talkin' fish BRAINs here lol

I know, It was just too much of a coincidence to pass up! :cheers:

Engineers in Shanghai always screw my name up and write "hi Brain"...

Last edited:
Look closely at this picture up in the left upper corner of the breaker plate and you can see where I made a mark on the breaker plate and the case with a small chisel.

This way you have marks to line it back up to the factory timing when putting it back together.

Thanks for the idea Mark. I examined everything closely and realized I can see a witness from the slots in the breaker plate on the case. I put it back in, lined it up and then made a mark with an awl just like yours.

Thanks again :cheers:

Husqvarna 65 Oiler Cover

Does anyone have one of these laying around? Notice the nice crack in this one.

attachment.php

There is a NOS one on this one particular big website but I can't see paying that much for it. As near as I can tell this is about the last part that I need to get my 65 back together except the rear plastic handle. I am currently manufacturing a tool to split the case and then it's clean up and rebuild time!

Does anyone have one of these laying around? Notice the nice crack in this one.

attachment.php

There is a NOS one on this one particular big website but I can't see paying that much for it. As near as I can tell this is about the last part that I need to get my 65 back together except the rear plastic handle. I am currently manufacturing a tool to split the case and then it's clean up and rebuild time!

Try to get it welded.

Try to get it welded.

Yeah, I thought of that as a second scenario. I successfully welded the fuel tank with a soldering gun on my 362XP after the "unfortunate Bobcat incident" that started my whole AS "cult addiction" as my wife calls it.

Does this cover do anything except keep the dirt and crap away from the oiler gear and crank seal? There wasn't a gasket on it but there sure was a bunch of oil and sawdust behind it which I am assuming was not supposed to be there...

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought of that as a second scenario. I successfully welded the fuel tank with a soldering gun on my 362XP after the "unfortunate Bobcat incident" that started my whole AS "cult addiction" as my wife calls it.

Does this cover do anything except keep the dirt and crap away from the oiler gear and crank seal? There wasn't a gasket on it but there sure was a bunch of oil and sawdust behind it which I am assuming was not supposed to be there...

Ok, I don't know, but is it metal or plastic?

Ok, I don't know, but is it metal or plastic?

It's thin orange plastic, has a thin metal disk molded right into where the crank goes through. There is a seal that goes up against it called a V-seal, that was completely shot on mine. The crap behind the cover probably came in there more than anywhere else. Not sure where all the oil came from unless the oiler leaks maybe?

It's thin orange plastic, has a thin metal disk molded right into where the crank goes through. There is a seal that goes up against it called a V-seal, that was completely shot on mine. The crap behind the cover probably came in there more than anywhere else. Not sure where all the oil came from unless the oiler leaks maybe?

Can you sand it and glue it? Or find someone with a plastic welder.

Can you sand it and glue it? Or find someone with a plastic welder.

A plastic welder would be great. I don't know anyone who has one. I looked into them to fix the gas tank on my Husqvarna zero turn but ended up using an RV tank patch kit for that. Maybe I will just try the soldering gun on this piece. If it's not cross linked it should melt and fuse...

A plastic welder would be great. I don't know anyone who has one. I looked into them to fix the gas tank on my Husqvarna zero turn but ended up using an RV tank patch kit for that. Maybe I will just try the soldering gun on this piece. If it's not cross linked it should melt and fuse...

I've fixed plastic headlight buckets on Motorcycles using a fiber glass repair kit. It worked well.

How do I get the crank out?

If you make one of these:

attachment.php

You get this:

attachment.php

and this:

attachment.php

But how do you get the crank out of the flywheel side? I tried to tap on it with a hammer but no luck...

Go to an autobody repair shop, they usually have them, they may do a quick little job like that.

If you make one of these:

attachment.php

You get this:

attachment.php

and this:

attachment.php

But how do you get the crank out of the flywheel side? I tried to tap on it with a hammer but no luck...

I heat the case around the bearing then tap the end of the crank, or put it in a press.

Go to an autobody repair shop, they usually have them, they may do a quick little job like that.

I heat the case around the bearing then tap the end of the crank, or put it in a press.

Maybe I can press it out using an arbor press?

Thanks for the pointer on a plastic welder...

Yup arbor press would work, use a 2x4 to support the case, make a cutout of a half circle in the 2x4 for the crank bells to fit in.

I do appreciate your patience with my questions and lack of experience.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back