Husqvarna Homeqwner Saw Plastic Construction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who think about things tend to get confused, but it is a temporary state.

People who don't think about things are confused too, but it is permanent, and accumulates.

It is unfortunate that so many reach adulthood without learning basic skills such as how to think, and then they get angry and resentful. Instead of making the effort to use their brains, they take their frustrations out on others who do. I also find that many who were not taught to think also lack basic socialization skills, such as manners.

And don't forget people who wear it on their sleeve are generally insecure.
People who pi$$ in the wind get wet.
Confusion by any other name is still confusion as is BS.
So please enlighten me. Why did the term 'supercilious a$$' spring to mind when I read your post? LOL.

I for one appreciate it. I would just misplace the seperate bottom end. My advancing age and beer consumption leads to mass hysteria on my work surface. If they could tie all the parts together with elastic bands, it would save me countless hours looking for a part sitting 20 inches in front of me, in a pile of tools and other parts......The sad part is I start out with, and finish with, an anally clean work area (Military father) It just goes to hell while I work, and my sundowners sets in......:msp_unsure:

I bet they did it on purpose for absent minded consumers:dunno:

I for one appreciate it. I would just misplace the seperate bottom end. My advancing age and beer consumption leads to mass hysteria on my work surface. If they could tie all the parts together with elastic bands, it would save me countless hours looking for a part sitting 20 inches in front of me, in a pile of tools and other parts......The sad part is I start out with, and finish with, an anally clean work area (Military father) It just goes to hell while I work, and my sundowners sets in......:msp_unsure:

I bet they did it on purpose for absent minded consumers:dunno:

What I hate is you get finished only to find exta parts.:msp_scared::laugh:

And don't forget people who wear it on their sleeve are generally insecure.
People who pi$$ in the wind get wet.
Confusion by any other name is still confusion as is BS.
So please enlighten me. Why did the term 'supercilious a$$' spring to mind when I read your post? LOL.
Like how am I supposed to know what is wrong in your head?

What you may miss is that is that Thomas's comments were the continuation of harassment from another thread that was closed by Bob.

You don't have all the same parts. The fasteners that hold the engine to the chassis are eliminated. As is the step of bolting the engine in the chassis.

No, there are 4 bolts holding the engine to the chassis, exactly as in my 42cc Poulans. The bolts come up from the bottom, through the cap and into the upper cylinder. The only difference is that here the cap is attached to the plastic case, while with the Poulans it is a separate piece.

The 142 and my Poulan 2775 have 4 bolts that hold the cap on, and 4 more that hold the engine in - this is nicer to work on but requires more fasteners.

Chris,

Are you aware that you just told thomas1 he was wrong and in the following paragraph proved him right?

BTW his answer is correct, less pieces requiring less labor to assemble.

No parts are eliminated. The metal cap must be cast first, and then it becomes an insert when the case is molded.

I would quess the integral lower half makes the mold and molding process much cheaper and simple. Maybe eliminates some machining steps on the saw body and makes for a stiffer assembly overall. Saw will maintain crankshaft and bar alignment better over its lifetime.

Chris,

Are you aware that you just told thomas1 he was wrong and in the following paragraph proved him right?

BTW his answer is correct, less pieces requiring less labor to assemble.
The saws I was comparing all have 4 bolts, total, that hold the engine together and hold it in the chassis. There are no longer any clamshells from Husky or Poulan that have a separate set of bolts to hold the engine in, and have not been any for a while. That was obviously what he was referring to, which is why I brought up those older models. A quick glance at an IPL would show you that.

The same number of parts must be made in both designs, except that with Husky's process one of them is later combined with another. Why don't you tell us why they use this method?

Cheaper, easier, and they can mass produce them more efficiently that way too.

The saws I was comparing all have 4 bolts, total, that hold the engine together and hold it in the chassis. There are no longer any clamshells from Husky or Poulan that have a separate set of bolts to hold the engine in, and have not been any for a while. That was obviously what he was referring to, which is why I brought up those older models. A quick glance at an IPL would show you that.

The same number of parts must be made in both designs, except that with Husky's process one of them is later combined with another. Why don't you tell us why they use this method?

Ease of assembly, bearing cap (if not symmetrical) cannot be put on backwards. Fairly obvious.

BTW your convoluted posting style can be difficult to follow at times.

Here is the alternative method:

attachment.php

Are those 4 metal spacers molded into the plastic?

Does the molded in bearing cap you are asking about eliminate the need for those 4 spacers? That would reduce the part count and save some money.

Are those 4 metal spacers molded into the plastic?

Does the molded in bearing cap you are asking about eliminate the need for those 4 spacers? That would reduce the part count and save some money.
They are not molded in, they slide into the plastic chassis from above. The mounting bolts have flanged heads so the plastic chassis is sandwiched between the bolt head and the bottom pan of the engine.

I have been looking for a picture of the bottom of one of the Huskys with the molded in insert, but have not found one. I'm curious if it has those (which would be less parts if not, even if cheap ones), if the bolts sandwich the plastic case or if the molded in insert takes all the force of the engine.

30% I'm smarter than everyone.
30% Everyone is dumber than me.
30% blah blah blah.
10% Actual question or useful information.
10% :poop:

:D
Yes, it is apparent that's how you feel about yourself but I can't recall you ever contributing any useful information, your comments are pretty much completely :poop:

Ease of assembly, bearing cap (if not symmetrical) cannot be put on backwards. Fairly obvious.

BTW your convoluted posting style can be difficult to follow at times.
I missed this one. All the bearing caps are symmetrical on the ones I've worked on.

Maybe it's the big words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back