Husqvarna: New Wal-Mart Brand!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indiansprings

Firewood Purveyor
Reaction score
Why in the world would Husqvarna let Wal-Mart use their preimer brand name on all the point of sale advertising/shelf labels on the absolute pos lowest end push mowers they sell, they are branded as Husqvarna Weed Eater mowers, one sell's for around 130 an the other around 150.

What a idiotic move on somebody's part at Husky. Now when they buy one of these disposable pos they will forever associte the name Husqvarna with that of a moldy turd.

I cannot believe they would do this with their premier brand name? They make some great saws, but within five years the average (not AS) consumer will associate the name with cheap junk. A brand manager needs his head examined or replaced imho. What's next husky saws at Wal-Mart?

Why in the world would Husqvarna let Wal-Mart use their preimer brand name on all the point of sale advertising/shelf labels on the absolute pos lowest end push mowers they sell, they are branded as Husqvarna Weed Eater mowers, one sell's for around 130 an the other around 150.

What a idiotic move on somebody's part at Husky. Now when they buy one of these disposable pos they will forever associte the name Husqvarna with that of a moldy turd.

I cannot believe they would do this with their premier brand name? They make some great saws, but within five years the average (not AS) consumer will associate the name with cheap junk. A brand manager needs his head examined or replaced imho. What's next husky saws at Wal-Mart?
Thats why the guys that make them decisions get the BIG bucks. Kinda like our politicans...

It's the same as John Deere letting MTD put their name on cheap MTD's. I bought a generator, was suppose to be an Onan has a chinese Honda engine.........These big companies are selling thier soul to make a buck!

wall-martz selling huskys? who would have thunk it?

i am going to hold out for those "FREDS" box store stihls though! LOL!:greenchainsaw:

The only thing good I see from Husky is...

Their XP saw's
Top level backpack blowers and trimmer's

And their new PZ line of zero turn riders are very nicely built now.

Everything else.....

Junk

Poulovarna they should be called:givebeer:

what's next Stihl vibrators? :chainsaw:

Not this year. This year its Stihl shop vacs at $349.95. For real, I'm serious. Stihl tried to sell them here a long time ago but people wouldn't pay the price. They took them out of the US market 15-20 years ago and sold them in Europe. Now that the US is broke they bring them back to the US market. Better than that I ordered one thinking maybe I can sell one in a year. It sat on the shelf for 4 days and guess what, a man bought it,LOLOL Vibs maybe in 2011 but vacs this year. Oh they got some battery powered tools coming in late 2010 but no vibs yet,haha

Tommy, after a year or two of this, better plan on sales going up and adjust your future order's accordingly. Hell, you would have thought they would have used a name that most people down know like jonsered. It's not like it would have cost them any market share. Nothing with the Jonsered saws, it's just the name that doesn't have much visibility. They went over the edge with the hardware box store's looks like they are ready to take the leap, once they do, Wally World will control the company, they won't be able to say no after they get their hooks into them, I'm ashamed of it today, but used to be pretty good at hooking em' while I was there, once you got them it's like controlling them with taser, except you just use the order pencil.

Originally Posted by scotvl
what's next Stihl vibrators?

QUOTE=Brmorgan;2106780]I already have an 090, thank you. :cheers:[/QUOTE]

That's freaking funny.:clap::ices_rofl:

Tommy, after a year or two of this, better plan on sales going up and adjust your future order's accordingly. Hell, you would have thought they would have used a name that most people down know like jonsered. It's not like it would have cost them any market share. Nothing with the Jonsered saws, it's just the name that doesn't have much visibility. They went over the edge with the hardware box store's looks like they are ready to take the leap, once they do, Wally World will control the company, they won't be able to say no after they get their hooks into them, I'm ashamed of it today, but used to be pretty good at hooking em' while I was there, once you got them it's like controlling them with taser, except you just use the order pencil.

Wal-mart has killed many a brand for sure. The Husqvarna name should not be seen in a Wal-mart regardless of what it is on. It's not surprizing Wal-mart would print the Husqvarna name on thier stickers for the customers to see and think hey, Husqvarna, wow man. Wal-mart is all about sales and they will use any method they can to get a sale. Husqvarna will in the end pay a steep price for allowing Wal-mart to pull that number, ask Homelite...

People are going to be confused,lol the mower's are a hideous green and yellow, I can just see'em running up and down the isle looking for orange.
Next on the shelf, the yellow Husqvarna "Pro" saw. hehe

People are going to be confused,lol the mower's are a hideous green and yellow...

So they took green and yellow Weed Eater mowers and labeled them Husqvarna?
Did they put stickers on them? Are the stickers blue?
Or is Wally World just calling a Weed Eater a Husky because they bought it from Husky?

No, they took their cheapest pos two lawn mowers, at least in the smaller store located 13 miles from me and have them branded "Husqvarna" on the price and description sign, the mower's themselves only have Weed Eater across the deck as far I could tell, it was on a elevated shelf, tilted at an angle. The big hang tag on the handle bar had Husqvarna on it.

People will be saying I bought this Husquvarna Weed Eater down at Wally World, it lasted three weeks. I couldn't even determine what brand of engines they had on them, looked like China copy's of the cheapy Briggs. It will leave a bad taste in the mouth of those who by them, having serious consequences for the brand. If Husky ask WM to reprint the signs and put them up, WM will pop them for a huge print and labor bill for changing them.
If I were Husky I'd glady pay it to get my premier brand name off the sign of the cheapest mowers in America.

Talk about Bad Blood!

Wait till those wally-world buyers start bringing those New Husky's Weed Eaters into the local Husky Dealer and bitXX'ing.:dizzy:

Move over Used Car Sale people, you've been replaced!

Latest posts

Back