Husqvarna question "288's"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Al, I used to have a 266 exactly like that. Maybe they want to say high to there granddad

Oooooh that is waaay below the belt! You must know I don't have one of those monsters in my collection. That is one classy saw and I love the way it so nonchalantly leans against the tree.

I am going over to your 'muscle saw thread' to get some therapy. I keep telling myself I don't need a 2100. If I say it enough times I might start believing it. But not while you keep posting those pictures. :msp_biggrin:

Al.

Nice Al, I used to have a 266 exactly like that. Maybe they want to say high to there granddad

Oooooh that is waaay below the belt! You must know I don't have one of those monsters in my collection. That is one classy saw and I love the way it so nonchalantly leans against the tree.

I am going over to your 'muscle saw thread' to get some therapy. I keep telling myself I don't need a 2100. If I say it enough times I might start believing it. But not while you keep posting those pictures. :msp_biggrin:

Al.

Al,
Good luck with that, and denial is no way to live. The sooner you accept your saw "wants" over "needs" you'll be much better adjusted to living with CAD.............:laugh:

Sup Al, Norm!
(Al, found a boot, but it will be a good week before I get back to the guys place who has them.)
Well, it happened!
Got 288, not here yet, but still just as excited.
And a sweet 281. (needs a full monty rebuild) The 281 will be getting a 288 top end some day, well hope this year if my work schedule and back hold up.
I am very confused as to the tech differences to the 281 and 288??
From what I have read here, it just a top end difference.
But according to acres and some other google searches, they have different strokes?
Can you guys shed some light!
Thanks guys!

Oh ya, now this thread is cool again!

Sup Al, Norm!
(Al, found a boot, but it will be a good week before I get back to the guys place who has them.)
Well, it happened!
Got 288, not here yet, but still just as excited.
And a sweet 281. (needs a full monty rebuild) The 281 will be getting a 288 top end some day, well hope this year if my work schedule and back hold up.
I am very confused as to the tech differences to the 281 and 288??
From what I have read here, it just a top end difference.
But according to acres and some other google searches, they have different strokes?
Can you guys shed some light!
Thanks guys!

Oh ya, now this thread is cool again!

To my knowlege there is no stroke diff in the saws, just diff top ends.
Now this thread is even cooler:biggrin:

Thanks Stump!
That just made my night-morning!!!

I am more stoked about the 281, as I want to build it myself!
Really haven't done a Husky complete rebuild, but this 281 is NICE!!!!
Been doing hack jobs for the tree guys and am itching to do a nice clean rebuild. (well try!)
But as always, time is at a minimal right now.

Thanks Stump!
That just made my night-morning!!!

I am more stoked about the 281, as I want to build it myself!
Really haven't done a Husky complete rebuild, but this 281 is NICE!!!!
Been doing hack jobs for the tree guys and am itching to do a nice clean rebuild. (well try!)
But as always, time is at a minimal right now.

I'm wantin to build another out of the extra cases & parts I have on the shelf, but got to many other saws in line before I mess with it. On the other hand. The sooner I build it, the sooner I could sell it. There's a member that lives close by me that has been eyeballin mine fer a while now. I may just do it up real nice fer him since the rest of his husky's look almost new.

Good luck on the 281 build.

Good luck on the 281 build.

This may be the real start to this thread as I am sure I will need all the help I can get from you guys!

Oh ya, gaskets, bearings and seals ordered! Will start there to spreads the funds out a touch.
Give me a good start to the bottom end.

Oh ya, pics coming guys!

Matt,
Looks like you got caught by your own bug! The 281 is identical to the 288 except for the p/c. I put the 54mm top end on my 281 and it runs fine. You will be quite surprised with the 288, really nippy and great throttle response.
Thanks for the 335 boot.

Al.

Good deal Matt, thats awesome. The 288 is one of the all time best, and a muscle saw. Ill take one anyday! Start of the thread, hell for me it started as soon as 288 was mentioned.

Sorry Matt,
this doesn't belong here but this poor old 181 is kind of like the 'lite' you guys have over there. It is going to sit under the bench for a little while until I get some big Partners going but it is all original and with 170lbs of compression I think it should be OK. (Hope Normzilla is watching).:smile2:

PB080979.jpg

Al.

I just wanted to bump this thread to the top cause by this time next week after scrounging and scrounging I will finally have my 288xp together and hopefully running. I will video the first time I fire it up and I have some red oak that I can try it out in :rock:

Now all I need is a bigger bar. I have a 28", but would like to have a 42" or 48"

I just wanted to bump this thread to the top cause by this time next week after scrounging and scrounging I will finally have my 288xp together and hopefully running. I will video the first time I fire it up and I have some red oak that I can try it out in :rock:

Now all I need is a bigger bar. I have a 28", but would like to have a 42" or 48"

SWEET score cowroy!!!!!

I want to equip mine with a 32-37"(Oregon reduced weight), 3/8 .063, and full comp!
Oh ya, she will be buried with that 90% of the time!!!!

I will have so much blood, sweat, tears, and time in this saw that I will NEVER sell it. I can't wait to get it together. I have had to buy several NOS parts so it will also look pretty good when I get back together.

I will have so much blood, sweat, tears, and time in this saw that I will NEVER sell it. I can't wait to get it together. I have had to buy several NOS parts so it will also look pretty good when I get back together.

I hope to have mine done by spring.
A lot of projects saws, and tools I want to (try) build first!

Son of a Biatch! t comes up again, and I wont sleep tonight, knowing I have an empty spot in my shed, where a 288 should be.

You guys are not going to believe it but another one hundred dollar 288 jumped into my arms today. That makes two 288's and a 281 in about three weeks.
All that clean living is starting to pay off.......

I know, pics are coming.

Al.

Son of a Biatch! t comes up again, and I wont sleep tonight, knowing I have an empty spot in my shed, where a 288 should be.

Beer helps Norm!
I have been there way to many times!!!!
Don't count sheep, count cc's

You guys are not going to believe it but another one hundred dollar 288 jumped into my arms today. That makes two 288's and a 281 in about three weeks.

I know, pics are coming.

Al.

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, pics are coming.

Al.

Good for you, Al!!

Sometimes that's the way CAD works. All this 288 talk has me wanting to build another one.....I've got enough parts in the stash to do it (Maybe even twice). :)

Latest posts

Back