Husqvarna question "288's"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got hood winked - it is another 281. :msp_ohmy:
No decal but it has a 52mm bore. Minty cylinder and out front sprung AV. New clutch but it needs a good cleaning up before I can run it. It is on the back burner though as he also had a Bebo for $50.00 and a nasty big Jred 1020 that followed me home. Too many projects....

Last edited:
I know, pics or it did not happen.

PB110968.jpg

Al.

Sure just rub it in Al!View attachment 206678View attachment 206679View attachment 206680 But cant complain, I got the big brother!! Matt good deal little buddy! Been Awhile. P.S whiskey! But there are side effects, chainsaw running in the middle of the night! Hell one night when I was about 20 I shot out some street light's cause they were hurting my eye's! light's 6 round's good shooting for a drunk with light in his eyes! Nobody was in danger of course safety first!

Last edited:
Sure just rub it in Al!View attachment 206678View attachment 206679View attachment 206680 But cant complain, I got the big brother!! Matt good deal little buddy! Been Awhile. P.S whiskey! But there are side effects, chainsaw running in the middle of the night! Hell one night when I was about 20 I shot out some street light's cause they were hurting my eye's! light's 6 round's good shooting for a drunk with light in his eyes! Nobody was in danger of course safety first!

LOL!!
Job security for some one!!!

Well I would have had the 288 running today but when I tried to put the ring on the piston it broke :bang: It was the ring that came with the episan kit. Maybe it was a sign to use oem cause I found a local dealer that has one (not usual) it's just a little bit further away than convenient.

Bummer man, hope you get it, and you will. Son of a #####, this thread just did have to resurface. Like an old wound.

yea norm i'll rubb it in a little more. but anyhoo. desided to take a peak at my cyl , had it a while ,have run about 10 tank's threw it runs as strong as my old 066. p&c look great . but i noticed in the exaust port these three raised ridges? and it has had some taken out of the port , factory? i looked at my 2100 and a 181 and they don't have these ridges. no problem's just wondering. thank's. fraser.View attachment 208951View attachment 208952

Bummer man, hope you get it, and you will. Son of a #####, this thread just did have to resurface. Like an old wound.

Just to pour a little more salt in the wound; I still have a 288 with you name on it!!! Maybe I can post some pics of the arm-breaking compression with my new Snap-On gauge. I broke down stole one on Ebay. I got tired of spending $40 every 6 months on a new one. I hope this one lasts. I already like it as the 5000+ that I was getting a 180psi reading gave me 188psi with the Snapper (and the squish is .040+!!!).

I just wanted to bump this thread to the top cause by this time next week after scrounging and scrounging I will finally have my 288xp together and hopefully running. I will video the first time I fire it up and I have some red oak that I can try it out in :rock:

Now all I need is a bigger bar. I have a 28", but would like to have a 42" or 48"

42 or 48" bar,,, better have a 7 pin sprocket and a sharp skip chain on it!!!!! JMHO unless seriously ported 36 would be the max for my doins...

Last edited:
42 or 48" bar,,, better have a 7 pin sprocket and a sharp skip chain on it!!!!! JMHO unless seriously ported 36 would be the max for my doins...

Yeah Rick, once I saw the 36" that's what I decided would be long enough for anything I would need. Thanks for the advice though.

i run a 32" with a sharp oregon cj , rakers at 35 , it pizzes fir chip's like a fire hose. prob go 36 but 32 is good for what i cut.

V-stack Randy!! But dont cut up that nice decomp hole low top!!! Alex tell you that I sabotaged that saw, so he would sell it too me? hahah

Latest posts

Back