Husqvarna question "288's"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High-top Conversion

Randy,

The best place to buy the complete high-top "kit" is the dealer.
Pops21 on here has the part number. I bought the kit for my last 288 and it was about $50 for everything.
Not to bad IMHO.

And don't let LP worry you....he has a loud bark, but is harmless.:hmm3grin2orange:

V-stack Randy!! But dont cut up that nice decomp hole low top!!! Alex tell you that I sabotaged that saw, so he would sell it too me? hahah

You do seem like a feller that could bust an anvil with a rubber mallet. :laugh:

Randy,

The best place to buy the complete high-top "kit" is the dealer.
Pops21 on here has the part number. I bought the kit for my last 288 and it was about $50 for everything.
Not to bad IMHO.

And don't let LP worry you....he has a loud bark, but is harmless.:hmm3grin2orange:

And that's just what I will do Alex. This is a very nice saw and all new parts would set it off. Watch for the thread. :rock:

Cowroy, you will get it, sometime's the saw that frustrate's the piss out of you to get right, may be the best. That was th road to my 2101, took me awhile to line it out, but wouldn't give it up for any saw period. Neal I was going to pm you for curiousity sake. Was wondering if you had it, and you know the answer, me want's it! How about the old barter system? Hm. Hmm? I only lack cash in life. Pac those ridges I don't know man, gotta be normal these builder guy's should know. Randy, or Neal maybe. Nice saw though. Randy congrat's on the 288 lite. Can't blame you High top is the only way for a 288:clap: You going to build it, or leave stock? And for the bar topic on a 288, a stock one will fall big timber with a 42in, and no issue's. And 7 pin and skip good advise, because to me in big wood for any saw that makes sense, big bar, and wood 7 pin, and skip:clap:

Your not the only one. I looked at several dead end threads on the topic but none of them had the kit idea. :bang:

Well yah. It didnt make much sense that they didnt "have" one. I just didnt look hard enough, plus the cover is $49.99, Intake Horn is $29.99, Filter is $29.99.

So the "kit" for $60 something is a steal! IMO

Well yah. It didnt make much sense that they didnt "have" one. I just didnt look hard enough, plus the cover is $49.99, Intake Horn is $29.99, Filter is $29.99.

So the "kit" for $60 something is a steal! IMO

Now I just need to find the horn and filter kit for $30 and we'll be cookin with gas! ;)

If the 288 is anything like the 046, the larger better flowing air filter will be worth 500 rpm or so.

attachment.php
:msp_biggrin:

Now wearing a brand new orange 32" GB bar with Stihl semi skip. :drool:

Haha, if I would have shown the clutch side picture. You would only see the crank laying under the cover :) Thats right after I got it and was cleaning it up.

Zach, whats up with the blue top cover? Certain year or special edition? Seems like i have seen a few other huskies with blue covers.

Any one know off hand the preferred carb?
Appreciate the input guys!
Full wraps seem to be the difficult thing to find.
Been able to locate everything else.
Plan on using it for a firewood saw.

There is a very, very good chance i have a full wrap for them that i might part with to the right person!:wink: Im a stihl guy but the 288 is my go-to saw!

The blue top was an aftermarket high top setup if I remember right. It might be K&N.

Back