Hydraulic pump bracket for Vertical engine??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the newer vertical engines have the 4 taped holes around the shaft.
If you's don't, you will have to fab a frame to hold the pump, and then that frame will bolt under the engine mounting holes to hold it.

Here's pics of my homemade splitter with vertical engine. This may or may not help you.

Here's pics of my homemade splitter with vertical engine. This may or may not help you.

Yes, that helps..thanks.
Did you make that bracket?

My concern is that if I fab a bracket, I may not get the pump and motor precisely lined up, and I don't want to ruin the pump bearings, I guess I am over exaggerating, but I want to err on the safe side. I am making this with a 26hp briggs and a 28gpm pump.

Yes, that helps..thanks.
Did you make that bracket?

My concern is that if I fab a bracket, I may not get the pump and motor precisely lined up, and I don't want to ruin the pump bearings, I guess I am over exaggerating, but I want to err on the safe side. I am making this with a 26hp briggs and a 28gpm pump.

I bought the bracket from Northern Tools. I assembled everything from shaft to the bracket and hyd pump but didn't bolt bracket to beam until I slid engine over to mate up with the beam and then marked where to drill holes in beam. The engine is sitting on part of the original frame from an old rear engine riding lawn mower. Engine placement was last part of the puzzle. I'm not too good at explaining.
ps I duct taped the spider and halves so they wouldn't move around.

Last edited:
Yep, Merl did some fancy fabricating for that pump mount. Mine is just going to be a steel plate with holes cut out for the pump/bolts. Align the pump and coupler to the engine then mount the plate to the lawner mower frame. Using a vertical 16hp BS from a JD LT160 mower.

Brian

first i mounted the pump:

J.jpg

then i mounted the engine over it on a platform:

splitter12.jpg

tsc splitters

Has anybody noticed all the verticle engine splitters at TSC and other farm stores? Id start lookin there. Eric

Latest posts

Back