Hydraulic pump ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homemade

Certified Chainsaw Tester
Reaction score
So I was given a wood splitter. I was a working unit The previous owner let the carb on the 20 hp Briggs fill with water so he junked the engine and put the 8 horse engine off a snowblower on there. Looking for a faster cycle time he switched to a smaller pulley on he pump. From about a 12 in diameter to the 1.5in that is on it now. After he ran out of interest and money for said project he dumps it and leaves it sit. He now borrows his neighbors 20 ton iron and oak.

My question is what type of pump is this. I can't find any id marks on it. I bet if I wash it off and look really hard I might find something but I would like to get more info on it. I would like to rebuild it ( the entire splitter that is)

hyquzu7e.jpg
e4aba8am.jpg
amygemu9.jpg

I went through a similar situation. I never found information on the pump other then the manufacturers name which was forged in the casting. The seals were had started to leak I found that dealing with the old pump and even finding seals to replace what was in it was very disappointing. I finally bought a new 2 stage pump and all that time and effort on the old pump was just a waste of time.

I wish you luck trying to find info on it. Many of those old pumps came from the equipment the rest of the hydraulics were cannibalized off

So I was given a wood splitter. I was a working unit The previous owner let the carb on the 20 hp Briggs fill with water so he junked the engine and put the 8 horse engine off a snowblower on there. Looking for a faster cycle time he switched to a smaller pulley on he pump. From about a 12 in diameter to the 1.5in that is on it now. After he ran out of interest and money for said project he dumps it and leaves it sit. He now borrows his neighbors 20 ton iron and oak.

hyquzu7e.jpg

My question is what type of pump is this. I can't find any id marks on it. I bet if I wash it off and look really hard I might find something but I would like to get more info on it. I would like to rebuild it ( the entire splitter that is)

hyquzu7e.jpg
e4aba8am.jpg
amygemu9.jpg

e4aba8am.jpg
amygemu9.jpg

Latest posts

Back