i did something stupid and i admit it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wife and i got out this morn and starting cutting on the wood pile,,we cut about 1 1/2 hours, it was time to refill the 370 so i stopped and refilled the gas mix,put the cap on,,i filled the bar oil and about that time my neighbor came strolling over to say hi,,we talked a few minutes and by then my motivator stopped working so we grabbed everything and headed to the shop to put the saws up,,,i was carrying my saw on the side,,caps up,, got to the work bench and turned it right side up and set it on the bench,,well,,i looked down and all the bar oil was on the floor, and the oil cap was just hanging:bang::bang::bang: stupid me got destracted when the neighbor come over i didn't screw the bar oil cap on,,i had just set it on,, luckly i was carrying it caps up or it would have been all down my legs,,guess that happens when you get destrated,,that was a waste of a full tank of good bar oil,guess thats better then straight gassing 1

I did something similar to that about a month and a half ago, but the bar oil went all over my chaps.

I did the not tightening the gas cap good, dribbled all over the front of my chaps/jeans last weekend,so a bunch of have done it.:dizzy:

LOL !! that aint nuthin !!
and i aint a sayin what is either..

Before I quit chewing tobacco, every now and than I would forget I had the helment shield down and spit ....what a mess!!

I used to get my spitter and my Coke confused a lot back when I chewed, I had a few touch and go moments on the job here and there. Glad I quit that nasty stuff.
On the saw note, I almost took my face off a few weeks ago not paying attention to the tip of my bar when I was checking the oiler, kicked it right out of my hands and right past my face, good thing that Dolly chain brake works well.

Better than down your back....

One evening on the way in from a 10hr day of thinning, my crew got a fire call. We were all tired, but excited at the thought of some OT and Hazard pay. With a crew full of mostly rookies, I was the designated fire line saw. Gassed and Oiled up at the truck and threw the 044 on my shoulder and started up the hill. Only took a couple steps to noticed the wet feeling going down my back. Needless to say, it made for a LONG night on the fireline. Guess it must have learned me good, because I haven't made that mistake again....yet..:greenchainsaw:

How about changing the car oil and forgetting to put the oil plug back and emptying a gallon of oil into the dirty oil pan, or worse onto the driveway :dizzy:

When milling I use an auxiliary oil and have on more than one occasion forgotten to turn the oiler off before putting my mill into my van - result (on more than one occasion is a pint or more of oil end up on the floor of the van. The good thing about the van is I usually toss in a bucket of fine sawdust from my dust collector to soak up the oil. Park the van slightly uphill, open the doors and hose it all out.

I have poured clean oil into the drain pan. Just flushing the debris out of the oil pan...... :bang: :hmm3grin2orange:

Had a wet leg or two from a flippy cap I thought was on there....

Picked up a new flippy cap at the dealer (b/c I hadn't put it in right and dumped oil all over my leg, and lost it). Took it out of the truck, went into the barn, daughter distracted me and I can't find the new flip cap for nothing.
I can now honestly say that flippy caps are the most over engineered worthless chunks of plastic I've ever had the pleasure of losing.

Picked up a new flippy cap at the dealer (b/c I hadn't put it in right and dumped oil all over my leg, and lost it). Took it out of the truck, went into the barn, daughter distracted me and I can't find the new flip cap for nothing.
I can now honestly say that flippy caps are the most over engineered worthless chunks of plastic I've ever had the pleasure of losing.

Start a new puddle of oil and maybe it will find it's way back by itself ??
I have never tried one so i cant comment but people i know like them.. they tell me you have to be smarter than the flippy cap ! LOL !
rules me out i guess :(

Latest posts

Back