I finally got my 07S!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You talk about perfect timing!!! I just got a package from the UK! That didn't hold me up at all. Now I've got the gaskets to install the oil pump and carb. Guess I'd better get that carb cleaned up. And I've got another spike to paint. Thanks rxe. That was fast! I owe you one for sure. Oh, the gaskets look factory too.

Another score for the day. Bryce got back with me and a nice handle, as well as a new length of rubber tubing is on the way! I'm going to have to break the paint back out for the handle, so I'll probably reshoot the recoil housing at the same time.

Looking good.:cheers:

If it bothers you that bad, You could try leveling the chip out with 400 grit wet/dry, than respray the sanded area. If you do that you may need to blend in the fresh paint. You can do that by spraying some straight reducer around the edges of the fresh paint.

Honestly I'd just touch it up and be done with it.:givebeer:

I've got to ask at this point, what's reducer?? I started out painting cars from school so I have had some involvement in the auto refinishing business, but I'm not familiar with reducer? AKA thinners?

Check out what I found in the carb. It actually started and ran great. There was nothing past the screen though.
270999558_579km-M.jpg

Putting rxe's carb gaskets and fuel line to good use.
270999714_UiGm5-M.jpg

270999586_nAhQk-M.jpg

All I'm missing is the loop handle, and it's on it's way. She's ready to start. I don't have any mix and didn't feel like messing with it tonight.
270999612_jYd99-M.jpg

270999843_MWf3D-M.jpg

I've got to ask at this point, what's reducer?? I started out painting cars from school so I have had some involvement in the auto refinishing business, but I'm not familiar with reducer? AKA thinners?

Reducer can be just thinner like Brad said, but most reducers are also activators. I think the stuff he used was however a three part paint. Paint+reduce+activator.

Brad she looks ready to rock.:rock:

Last edited:
Wow Brad. Gorgeous. I hope the 044 project I will be starting turns out half as purty as that 07S. That carb looks like a piece of machinery in and of itself. WHat great manufacturing they had back then.

Amazing that you get these projects done so quickly! :greenchainsaw:

oh... there's more... paint over the case gaskets:D :D :D :D :D

You think that's bad? This 07S was painted after assembly from the factory. I've never seen anything like it. None of the covered surfaces where painted, such as the area where the carb is, the underside of the cylinder shroud, and inside the recoil housing. Also, all the bolt heads were all painted. If you want to get technical, this saw isn't like an original unless I paint the bolt heads. I chose to clean them up and polish them a little, like the 08S was. I don't want to worry about messing the bolts up every time I have to take something apart.

Back