I got a call from Ebay. Did anyone else?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might have been mentioned already, and if so, I must have missed it, but isn't the fee to sell items on E-Bay right at about 10% of the final selling price?

And, I thought that I had heard that there is a cap on the selling fee, and it's $250.00

Anyways, I buy much more on E-Bay than I sell. For me, a 10% fee is just too much of a hit.

Depends on the category, but it is basically at least 10% from Ebay and another 3% from Paypal. And I had final value fees before of over $250 on a single item- easily.

If you read their scheme, on some items it is like 5.9% of the first few hundred, X% of the next few, then a smaller X on the next amount, and then some more. In the end on certain items it totaled to be like 12.9% on most of my auto parts, plus another 3.4 or 3.9% to Paypal. So most of the time, the smallest total final value fee was around 13% including Paypal, it was not unusual to pay out 15% to 20% total with Paypal.

In certain categories their listing fee is extremely high- like when I sold one of my non-used milling machines.

It was worth it for me, because I bought up old Mopars and Harley stuff like crazy when I was a teenager and honestly- I had and still have some decent stuff. I could sell it for prices Ebay people would want to pay and still make decent money and profit on my cars/parts. Was it worth it ? That stuff put me all the way through graduate school, helped me buy my own land, and I don't have any debts at all. Everything I own is paid for.

Back