I got a new (to me) super xl today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OFB, what you stole was one of the finest saws of its time, plus you got a relitivly clean blue one which usually bring a premium as the blue ones are getting rare.

Clean it up and show us some more detailed pics, you might just want to shelve that one and pick up a beater for regular use.

.:cheers:

I think the blue's were built until the mid to late 60's. I have a red one and I think its a late 60's model. It still runs great but I would be lying if I said I still use it. It sits next to my 1965 80cc Mac that I don't use either. I just cant bring myself to get rid of them even though I could use the space.

I had its big brother 922 super XL. Very first saw I used in a chainsaw contest. They were ahead of there time when they came out over 40 yrs ago_One of the first true light weight powerfull saws.

OFB, what you stole was one of the finest saws of its time, plus you got a relitivly clean blue one which usually bring a premium as the blue ones are getting rare.

Clean it up and show us some more detailed pics, you might just want to shelve that one and pick up a beater for regular use.

.:cheers:
Thanks RBW. I started wiping off some junk and it looks pretty good under it all. I'll get it cleaned up and send pics. Now have to find a handle.

Nice find Buck, I have 2 red ones....they sound great I dont use mine but they both fire right up, They are slow as far as RPM'S but you can lean on them like nothing else

Latest posts

Back