I got some interesting news for everybody

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark360T

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well i work at a Husqvarna dealer in my town. Went to work today and I noticed that the Husky sales rep was there finding out what the shop needed for products. When he was done we got talkin about the XP line up when he told me that the 346 is gonna be replaced by the 350xp. I guess that the 346 is a dirty saw. :msp_ohmy:

It may be because the current 346XP is already 50.1 cc ?

Well that's not exactly horrible news... the 372XP has been on the choppin block since I found AS.com :jester: So by that math, y'all have until 2016 to hoard em up.

Anyway I used my 346XP NE a bit over the weekend, and it is a fun saw. Louder than the cries of Hell though. Fun enough to probably buy another, mod it samely, & set aside.

I guess he was referring to the 550xp, not 350xp - I'm sure they are working on someting like that, but it will take a while, since there hardly is an urgent need to replace the 346xp. I guess that the 550xp will be a "crimped" version of the 560xp.

The 560xp is just the beginning of the second generation of "strato" saws - Stihl has to wake up, and quit introducing their heavy first generation ones, like the 362 and 261!

Well that's not exactly horrible news... the 372XP has been on the choppin block since I found AS.com :jester: So by that math, y'all have until 2016 to hoard em up.

Anyway I used my 346XP NE a bit over the weekend, and it is a fun saw. Louder than the cries of Hell though. Fun enough to probably buy another, mod it samely, & set aside.

Might be old news now..but two Husky dealers here in Aus told me the 372s are finished..for us anyway.

Latest posts

Back