I have a Partner 500 that will not start ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mouse over my name up in the corner and click on 'private message'

ok i see it now.

I will send pics now ,You will see a gasket I made but right now I have an orig one in the saw ,also you will see some permatex on the base gasket just a bit of insurance when I had to keep taking it apart the old gasket was well worn but still looked ok .

Last edited:
I thought that when i clicked on pm it would send me to your e-mail? That is too confusing for me. I tried to click and drag into your message body but when i let go of the mouse the picture expanded to full size and I could not click submit message or anything elase for that matter. so if you want pics send me an e-mail [email protected]

I thought that when i clicked on pm it would send me to your e-mail? That is too confusing for me. I tried to click and drag into your message body but when i let go of the mouse the picture expanded to full size and I could not click submit message or anything elase for that matter. so if you want pics send me an e-mail [email protected]

Email sent

attachment.php

attachment.php

Damn, they turned out large. wait.

From what I can see the saw is in very good condition. Are the diaphrams/gaskets inside the carb stiff? Was there fuel inside the carb when you disassembled it for cleaning?

From what I can see the saw is in very good condition. Are the diaphrams/gaskets inside the carb stiff? Was there fuel inside the carb when you disassembled it for cleaning?

Yeah, the saw looks great doesn't it? I think it should have a carb kit.

Oh yes there are plenty of them I would'nt think they would charge me too much?

Cant imagine it, all you have to do is take the plug out and screw in the gauge, pull the rope a few times. Get a carb kit for it when you're there.

Jeff welcome to the site!! Let me preface by saying I have no exprience what-so-ever with these saws or the 490/590 Jonsereds....however from your pics....the piston looks ok....but now I have to ask...does the inpulse corridor travel through the cyl to the base or does it get there another way?? The reason I ask is......you have about 500% more sealer than needed on that base gasket.....I have seen many many impulse corridors plugged with gasket goo.....you plug it and you will not be cutting anything. Second is that silicone????? If it is........lose it....you should never use any type of silicone sealers on a saw..you should use an anerobic sealer like Permatex 518 or Hylo-Mar that is not affected by fuel/oil and does not harden. This could well be your problem but when puting a saw into service you have to spend a few bucks on things like carb kits, fuel lines and filters as well. That's a very nice looking saw and clean too. It's a process and you have to methodically eliminate things one at a time in the proper order or you will just be chasing your tail. Pics are the ticket as we observe what you're doing rather than you explaning it to us. We'll get you going..I'm sure....

If you've got good spark and the flywheel is right, the next thing I'd do is kit the carb if the compression is good. I still don't get the muffler thing though.

Back