I just got my first chainsaw ever :) Pro Mac 60

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coasthunterjay

Reaction score
Ok last week i just got my First chainsaw ( yay) and it is an Older Mcculoch Pro Mac 60. The thing is a beast. Sure does make my next door neibors poulan well and my other neibors chainsaw for that matter look like a baby fawn. LOL. But they are all good Since what you have is sometimes all you can get. I should thank them for letting me borrow it so many times..........
I tried finding some info on it but all i could find was that it was made in 1973 and has 63cc. What ever that means.
Is 63cc good?
I also dont know how to measure my bar or what ever you call it im sorry im a newb but i believe it is 20 inches? I measured from the face of the saw next to the bucking spikes to the end of the bar. should i measure the whole bar when it is off the chainsaw? It is an Oregon Pro lite bar? Is that good?

Really what i need is a major case of help. I need to know something about my saw. I work on Helicopters all day and fix them but i know nothing about my chainsaw.
Please if you have any information on my Promac60 or Know were the websites are i can find my info on. maybe an old manual... please let me know! Thank you.......................

I don't know much about Mac's, but 63CC is a good thing. Bar length is measured from the front of the saw to the tip of the bar tip (can also go by drive lengths in the chain, example 72DL). Most 60+ CC saws will handle a
20" bar pretty well. I know there are several guys on here who have old Mac's who will be much more helpful than I am.

Welcome to the board and congratulations on your saw purchase!:greenchainsaw:

It is a good saw. 63 cc is 63 cubic centimeters, which is I think is the volume in the cylinder that the piston travels and compresses. Higher CC more power sometimes. If you want to see a mean McCulloch search this site for a SP125.

Last edited:
I don't know much about Mac's, but 63CC is a good thing. Bar length is measured from the front of the saw to the tip of the bar tip (can also go by drive lengths in the chain, example 72DL). Most 60+ CC saws will handle a
20" bar pretty well. I know there are several guys on here who have old Mac's who will be much more helpful than I am.

Welcome to the board and congratulations on your saw purchase!:greenchainsaw:

Thanks a bunch this is the information i needed :clap: Still fell like i know just enough to get my self in trouble, But know i feel a lot better messing with it. Almost feels like the first Hunting rifle i got from my grandfather. But soon i will have it and i wont feel so stupid. Thanks to all you guys. Web sites are great. Lots of info!!!:cheers:
And yeah i work with the big bald Mustache guy. Stupid, probably not, but looking? maybe :laugh: .......Thanks for the pointers Jeff. dseriously i appriciate the info. Im going to go to the store and pick up those things on Saturday morning. Hopefully ill be able to put it all together.

It is a good saw. 63 cc is 63 cubic centimeters, which is I think is the volume in the cylinder that the piston travels and compresses. Higher CC more power sometimes. If you want to see a mean McCulloch search this site for a SP125.

Or...you could search my garage...:laugh:

Back