I loaned a saw to...............

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way no how no matter what. If it ain't one of you guys or a select few family members. If it leaves this place LP or me go with it. I loan an operator with the saw.

3 things you never loan to your neighbor...

Your chainsaw
Your lawnmower
your wife

Because odds are they'll all come back tired and dirty with a rod thrown in em...

Loaned 2 saws twice: both to my gardener, my 20 year old plus POS Homelite 12" XL so he could trim some branches I couldnt reach, and second my 455 Rancher when I realized I was going to sell it and he was IN LOVE with it compared to an old worn old Shindawa he had beat to death. It worked, he bought it 2 weeks later giving me the money to buy my 357 from Brad. Best deal I ever made.

Loaned a fantastic running 009 to my best friend...............his house burned down with my saw inside:cry:
He made it right and replaced the saw.

You came out ahead on that deal.

I have no problem loaning out my saws (to the right person.) I have loaned out my MS460 a couple of times, and also my 395. The guys that I loaned them to I knew with out a doubt that if anything happened to them they would make it right.

After I got my 460 ported I will not loan it out very fast.

I just got my 346 husky back, I loaned it out to a fellow member here. It left stock and came home with a big a$$ hole in the muffler. So I forgave him.

There are people I will not loan a saw out to, but there are people I will loan one out to. It all depends on the person.

I only have one friend I will lend my saws out too. Besides that if the saws are not in my hands they are on the shelf.

I think some people have asked me to borrow a saw knowing I'd probably ask to do the work instead. I had one guy ask me twice to borrow my good saw and both times I cut his wood. I'm not sure how to handle this. I really don't want to lend the saw because I'm positive he'd either hurt himself or destroy the saw and/or chain/bar.

Why on earth would you guys loan out a chainsaw? That is asking for it. If you need a loaner saw buy a Wildthing on Craigslist and keep the good stuff under lock and key. The one person I would be comfortable with loaning a saw too is member Ed*L he takes very good care of his stuff. We are neighbors and have been Friends for a Looooong time.

I think some people have asked me to borrow a saw knowing I'd probably ask to do the work instead. I had one guy ask me twice to borrow my good saw and both times I cut his wood. I'm not sure how to handle this. I really don't want to lend the saw because I'm positive he'd either hurt himself or destroy the saw and/or chain/bar.

Have him help you cut wood then cut some for him.

I loand a saw to... a fireman

My hunting-buddy works at municipal fire brigade.
I was was not scared for the saw, because he is trained on all kind of equipment.
We had to cut some sticks for a stand. He was very thirsty after the job because he choose the 660.:biggrinbounce2:

Cheers

Generally, operator goes with the saw. I don't loan them, father and FIL excepted because they take care of stuff and would make it right. I hate asking for stuff, too. I generally won't. I had a problem with my Cub mower a couple of years ago and my neighbor kept insisting I use his Hew Holland. After a couple of days I relented and used it. Within 20 minutes I was in a full on panic because the temp gauge was pegged. I shut it off and popped the hood to discover the shaker screen in front of the radiator absolutely packed with gunk. I cleaned that and started it back up and the temps fell away within 3 minutes. I was terrified I'd be into him for an engine for a $15000 tractor. That's why I hate borrowing or loaning.

All of us that collect saws have either loaned saws or been asked to.
How did that turn out? I've decided it's much better on the nerves if you just give them one instead and forget about it. To sell one to a friend can be troublesome also or don't you fellas agree?
Igpoe :bang:

Hey Dean, LP and me have some big water oaks to cut can we borrow the Titan? We could be done in a week or ten. Ha Ha Ha !! Just was kidding.

Lets see the DP 066 36" bar naaa ported 372 husky 32" bar think not ,wife doesnt loan out her 260 its her baby. If guys qualified to run my saws he prolly has saws of his own. My saws come with operator. Hear about to many saws burned up and chains wiped out and guys hurting themselves.

Hey Dean, LP and me have some big water oaks to cut can we borrow the Titan? We could be done in a week or ten. Ha Ha Ha !! Just was kidding.

You guys are more than welcome to borrow,use,keep,play with,etc. any of my favorite saws............it's just a matter of that small "security" deposit you would have to make. LOL
Dean:cheers:

The only other person that gets to use my saws is my father, although I do have to keep an eye on him to. Last time he ran my 066 (I was draging brush and he didnt bring a saw) he ran her out of fuel.... no big deal right, he filled it up with fresh mix and tried to start it. By that time I look over and he is pulling the cord like a mad man and getting real frusterated. Turns out he missed hearing the choke pop and kept it on full choke for several pulls.

I figured out what happened as soon as I pulled the plug and saw the mix dripping off the electrode, spun her over a few times with out the plug in and dried the plug off with a lighter (didnt have a spare) and she fired right up on the second pull (with out the choke :) )

I've left very specific instructions about who may use my saws with evryone in the family, they all know that if my 880 leaves with out me attached to it someone is going to get an ear full :greenchainsaw: The 046 and 066 will still warent a good ol chewing out but the 880 :buttkick:

I will not loan out saws. I absolutely hate running other peoples saw's and I don't want them to run my saws. I think this is fair, LOL.

When it comes to loaning equipment I live by the age old adage, "No good deed goes un-punished."

If you need something that I have, I will come along and run it.

I'm selfish like that,

Sam

Lets see the DP 066 36" bar naaa ported 372 husky 32" bar think not ,wife doesnt loan out her 260 its her baby. If guys qualified to run my saws he prolly has saws of his own. My saws come with operator. Hear about to many saws burned up and chains wiped out and guys hurting themselves.

I remember Burvol saying how he lent out on of his saws to a fellow cutter, and he got his saw back with 2 rockedd chains.

Latest posts

Back