I need a CLYINDER for a log spliter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS-310

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I called northern tool today and asked if they still sold there tie rod clyinders, and she said NO! Dam it, there brand was like 119.99 for a 4" by 24" clyinder,
now im looking at about $300 bucks now for one......Can anyone help?????

can be a 4 to 5 inch and must be 24" long thanks alot
Jack

Why is it....

... that someone can have a computer and access a web site, but not utilize google to search for stuff? :confused: I will also point out that Northern Tool has a very nice website, easy to use as well. Where I found:

Item# 9099424
Only $159.99

Lion tie rod cylinder, 4" by 24".

Pat

... that someone can have a computer and access a web site, but not utilize google to search for stuff? :confused: I will also point out that Northern Tool has a very nice website, easy to use as well. Where I found:

Item# 9099424
Only $159.99

Lion tie rod cylinder, 4" by 24".

Pat

Oh yea.......Well thanks I didnt even know google was even out there....LOL

thanks,

Any one have any used cylinders?

I have several older but never used Cat cylinders 4" x 34" with 2" shaft.

Whats a CAT cylinder ( i think off a cat dozer or some thinglike that)

Do they have pins or can you post a pic and a price.

I have a straight truck dump bed cylinder, rod is like 2.5-3 and cylinder is about 8 inches in diameter. I don't think its 24inches, You want to talk about long cycle times!!!!!!!!

hydraulic cylinder

if your going to spend the time and effort building a log splitter.i would go with a new cylinder that will last for years.as long as you dont leave it in exstended position and let it rust...i have a 4x24-2500 psi max from tractor supply and it works good.also i think dump truck cylinders are 1 way cylinders ..

34 inches!

That would make one heck of a splitter:hmm3grin2orange:

Perfect for someone who cuts them off at 30 something for a boiler.

I personally like a 24" splitter with a kickout at 18".

$50 is reasonable, but shipping is gonna be murder.

-Pat

Back