I need help deciding on a chainsaw for my husband's birthday!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been through this with the USPS. They are a pain. Talking to them and trying to actually get some pertinent info is like:deadhorse: I always try to use utter methods of shipping.

One item they "misplaced", that was insured....I jumped through all their hoops for months, and waited the required time to collect. So...I called to let them know that I would like my insurance money please. The very next day - after months - the package was delivered to me. Coincidence? I think not:blob2:

Something is fishy here!

Was that saw by any chance being sold by a seller name "bluecullison"? If so then something is fishy. I 'bought' a 361 from this seller and it sounds like the same person/saw. I sent here a registered money order on Dec. 27 which she has cashed. She is now telling me that the bank is putting a hold on the money and she wants to send the money back to me instead of the saw. I have not received either the saw or the money back.

I thought Aunte ordered a saw from someone else. B-Cullison is the one at Duke Univ., near me. I have tried many times to get in touch, and have received an email, but no other contact of any kind, even though I've tried phone and email. It's odd she won't answer any message!
Here's her phone number: 371-2596. Her email is: [email protected]
It's odd she won't answer any message!

I don't think this is the one Aunte ordered, but maybe.

Wilson

Crap. Yes it is BlueCullison. I didn't know at the time that you all were talking about something fishy at Duke that she was from there. I've not cashed the money order she sent me...guess I'll try that and see if it's even good! I'll keep you updated.

thanks

auntmeme: Please keep me posted on what happens. I am currently waiting for my money back from her. She seemed legit at first and agreed to sell me me the saw but after I send my cheque I started to get a bunch of excuses and finally was told that I would not be getting the saw. I'm not sure what I am going to do if my money does not show up this week.

-Don

I have an address on a bill of sale that she sent me from a local hardware store showing when she purchased the saw and what she paid. It all seemed so legit. She says she works at the hospital, was talking about a neurosurgery conference she went to last week. I even googled her and found that she attended/attends Duke. I have a different email for her at duke.edu and I do have a phone number. I'll just keep calling and emailing until she gets tired of me. In the meantime, I'm back to square one, less $325 if the money order she sent me is a fake too...guess I'll find out Monday...and if I don't get the money, it was a nice thought, right? I can at least tell my hubby I tried and let him read all these nice posts and then after I clean a bunch more houses and save up my money again, I'll try again. By then I'll surely know exactly what he wants and I won't order it from somebody online!! Ok, I'm off my soapbox now. Have a great evening and I'll continue to keep you all posted if there's any news.

The saw made it as far as Charlotte, NC and now the post office can't find it! AAARRRGGGHHH!!! So, I'm corresponding with the seller. I've been sent 1/2 the money back so far and we're hoping the p.o. finds it soon. If not, I'm back to square one! I'll let you know what happens. Thanks!

Did you track the saw yourself, or is this just what you were told. If the latter, I'd get ahold of the USPS immediately, for starts. Postal fraud is still taken pretty seriously.

I have been informed that there were actually 2 saws for sale, so maybe this is not a scam after all. Do you have tracking information for the saw she sent you? I hope you get it sorted out.

I am still in the process of trying to resolve this. I will keep you up to date.

-Don

She has the tracking information for the signature thing. I've asked for it, but haven't received it yet. I called Charlotte and they can't tell me anything with a tracking number of some kind.

Don, I asked her about the 2nd saw she had for sale and she said that she had purchased 2 to clear out a back lot. I've asked if she'll just send me the other one, but haven't received a response to that request either. I've noticed now that her listing is gone from sell.com which is where I had contact with her.

I emailed her again and will try the phone number she gave me again tomorrow. Her last note said that the post office was supposed to start an investigation on the 18th and she would keep me posted. I've not heard anything since last Saturday.

well bring your husband to Martinsville Next saturday

Atleast he cab feel a few different makes and models.. I am sure we will have everything from brand new to the very saw Noah used in building the ark.
Maybe he can get a feel of what saw he might enjoy.

Just knock on her door..

I'm 15 miles away. Send the address and I'll put the eye on her.

And say a nice lady from Indiana sent me to see you.. said you have something that belongs to her.. Hey have a dark suit and a few Maffia looking buddies?Maybe a shovel in hand? LOL

You've got the right idea. Once she knows the "chain saw powers" are serious, maybe she'll stop running her scam. Good luck, Greg

Atleast he cab feel a few different makes and models.. I am sure we will have everything from brand new to the very saw Noah used in building the ark.
Maybe he can get a feel of what saw he might enjoy.

That is a very good idea!

I think that most of would agree that if we had had an opportunity to actually try some saws out before we settled on our first one that we probably would have chosen something different from what we in fact purchased.

I have contacted the seller and it sounds like I will be getting my money back.

Auntmeme, hope you get your saw.

-Don

yeah I would have bought the 7900

but instead I saved a few bucks and bought a lesser saw the 6400, But it cuts pretty good. I would like to run it side by side a 7900

I just emailed her. We'll see if she responds. Here is a copy of it, lol:

If you can't deliver what you promise, I recommend you get out of the chainsaw business. From what I hear, there are many people hot on your trail for taking their money and not delivering what you promise. It makes me sick that there are those like you out there. I'm not making any threats, just suggesting that you get out while the getting is good. If all of this happens to catch up with you, remember, you chose the road you traveled. Good luck in honest business.

Not that this will help but maybe she'll get the idea that she has made a name for herself and should stop while she's ahead (or behind, depends on how she see's it.)

If this chick turns out to be as dishonest as it seems, there's a way to get back at her. I hang out on the Pirate4x4 board and there was a kid that was selling some gears and tried to screw a guy after he sent him the money. I'll let you read the details for yourself but the guy got what was coming to him, and then some. Members of the board ended up finding his home phone number, his cell number, his social security number, highschool year book picutre, home address, his father's military records, etc. etc. The kid's name was Charlie Wenzel. Do a google search for his name or "Don't get Wenzeled". The story will scare you and renew your faith in the good of the internet!

Jim

P.S. If you'd like some fun reading, here's the original post on Pirate4x4. It's gotten almost 2,200,000 hits thus far! http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203

Latest posts

Back