I need help deciding on a chainsaw for my husband's birthday!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks but I would appreciate it if everyone stayed out of this for the time being. I am now thinking that the seller is legit and I have confidence that I will get my money back. I will definitely let y'all know if I don't!

-Don

Not to be an Azz, but I think you are about the only one that has faith in the seller. I hope you are right. Keep us updated. Greg

Don,

I'm glad you got in touch with her and do hope you get your money. Did she respond via email? I've tried 3 times in the past week and she still won't respond.

I won't give out her address because I'd hate to become a CSI story...Arborists Gone Bad...where you all take things into your own hands :hmm3grin2orange: In the grand scheme of things it's just a saw. I learned a lesson and life goes one. How knows, maybe she is legit. Both saws got lost, Don and I will get our money back and the Colts will win the Super Bowl! Have a good evening.

The seller could be having difficulties of her own that are of greater importance than this situation, she is comunicating with the purchasers, that at least is a good sign. Only two know what is going on in her world, the seller, and God.

Putting head back in sand now.

Just because of stuff like this in this thread. I was wondering if others feel the same way i do. The guys or girls selling saws in the trader section with only 1 or 2 post. Never heard or seen them on the forum and their first post is to sale a saw for $400-$900. Am I just to cautious or just dont want to feel the tug of the hook set :D and lose my hard earned money to these scams.

I believe auntmeme kinda went ahead with the online purchase without really talking about it with the group.

However if I may say, I think AS could do a better job of offering online buying warnings to inexperienced buyers who pop up on the AS forums.

I would also be cautious of new AS members as Cut4Fun mentions, which I suppose was the original intention of the 50 post limit before selling.

There is enough danger running a chainsaw, I don't mind reducing the danger when buying one. :hmm3grin2orange:

auntmeme: Please check your PM's (Personal Messages). I would prefer to move this discussion off-site.

Thanks,

Don

Looks like some posts were moderated out??

I wouldn't hurt her, but would sure see if the address is real and if someone lives there. No one at Duke Hospital, especially in neurosurgery, should be needing money enough to scam small amounts on chainsaws. Apparently she had at least one, thus the receipt.

Personal circumstances? They had a nice vacation to OK for Christmas, so she can't be too strung out!

The idea of two expensive saws to "clear out a back lot" is pretty far fetched, too.

She is completely uncommunicative to me, so I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has contact.

I have fiftysome transactions on Ebay and all have been perfect, but none have been for this much money.

It's all good now

Just wanted to update everyone on the status of the 361's that AuntMeme and myself tried to buy. Neither of us ended up getting the saws but the seller has refunded our money. Nobody was trying to scam anyone. The seller had some personal difficulties that do not need to be detailed here.

-Don

Just wanted to update everyone on the status of the 361's that AuntMeme and myself tried to buy. Neither of us ended up getting the saws but the seller has refunded our money. Nobody was trying to scam anyone.

Well that's great news, happy for both of you.

And this also must mean that auntmeme is back in business for buying a saw, and that we can start over in throwing saw wisdom her way... :blob2:

I'm glad for you guys and sorry for her.
If the seller had said she had probs, I'd have tried to help.
Was there a saw?

I think it is great you are going to buy him a saw. If my wife would even mention she would buy me one to add to the 20-25 i already have i would need to be transported to the ER with a stroke but i think you should talk to him first or get him a gift card somewhere I know the dealers have them. If you get him one and he dosent like it ill take it lol ...by the way do you have a sister that thinks like you .............

Yes, I finally did receive my money back and I'm looking again...or is it still? I'll wait until you all approve before I attempt my next saw.

Unless you are a gambler or know the seller, buying a used saw is no good. Just spend the money on a new saw - just think about all the time and stress wrapped up trying to get your money back in the deal gone wrong! To me, $100 isn't worth the headaches.

I am more than glad that you both got your money back. There are just too many stories that don't "jive" about this "seller". I hope that she really did have stuff going on and it was just a bad deal overall. If I prejudged, I apologize and will email and let her know. I hope she is just not covering up for trying to screw you all over. I hate to have a negative attitude but something about this seemed to stink more than usual. Good luck to both of you in finding saws that are affordable and appropriate for your needs. Greg

Latest posts

Back