I never scored a piston or cylinder .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not a oil topic it is a air to fuel ratio topic what I wanted to explain putting more fuel in does not make more power . The main power source is air could be around 90 percent to run a engine right . I like my saws to scream just saying never had any trouble .Run however you like

I like it when they scream too; apparently too much according to my Poulan 5020, which I have now seized twice after setting it too lean. I am 51 and have been around two-strokes all my life and have never seized one before now. It’s pretty embarrassing. At least parts are cheap for those...

(Repeats to self: “light four-stroking out of the wood, pulls clean in the wood...”) I will not let my new carb spline tool lead me astray anymore.

Nope.

Sheet, I’ve been running 2 strokes for over 40 years as well. Dad used to use the “gulk gulk gulk“ method of 30 wt oil into the outboard gas can. Used to amount of smoke coming out of the engine as a gauge, if there wasn’t enough, it got a few more “gulks“. Used to say “cheaper to buy new plugs than a new motor”.

One of those Evinrudes is now 70+ years old. One would have been 100 years old, but we lost it in Hurricane Sandy. None ever scored.

Not much to do with the OP, but brings back fond memories and the stink of burning Mobil 30W.

Sheet, I’ve been running 2 strokes for over 40 years as well. Dad used to use the “gulk gulk gulk“ method of 30 wt oil into the outboard gas can. Used to amount of smoke coming out of the engine as a gauge, if there wasn’t enough, it got a few more “gulks“. Used to say “cheaper to buy new plugs than a new motor”.

One of those Evinrudes is now 70+ years old. One would have been 100 years old, but we lost it in Hurricane Sandy. None ever scored.

Not much to do with the OP, but brings back fond memories and the stink of burning Mobil 30W.
Our old, 1933 Evinrude Elto Ranger still chugs happily along puffing blue clouds as it always did, it has gone through a few sparkplugs in its time but never scored the bore. It also ran on 30 wt Mobile with the couple glugs ratio.

Don't even use any oil for maximum power in a saw fuel is that good now day's never believe what you read on the internet's you don't need to add power robbing spark plug fouling dirty oil.
I've run all my saw's on straight fuel for 20 years now with no problems at all try it for yourself there is massive screaming power increase to be had!.

Our old, 1933 Evinrude Elto Ranger still chugs happily along puffing blue clouds as it always did, it has gone through a few sparkplugs in its time but never scored the bore. It also ran on 30 wt Mobile with the couple glugs ratio.
1937 Elto pal, runs like a clock, 50 to 1 modern 2 stroke oil.377A2317-6251-4FD1-9AAC-E068AFFBA27E.jpeg

Back