I never scored a piston or cylinder .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aokpops

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I ran chainsaws for forty years . I run 50 to one then some ware around with 80 to one with amsoil I run lean a carborator I never hear 4 cycle or some bubble sound . There is a certain air to fuel that is the best I think it is 14 to 1 or so . Nobody worries about it to much oil in a two cycle then get all upset about it in four cycle .Not sure were I'm going with this ? Well maybe I can. I get the most power out of a saw I can . If you want to flood the crap out of a saw with fuel an oil that's ok . I have rented a lot of cement saws that were total turds . The Ideal oh a lot smoke an no power comes mind .

He doesn’t think, it’s just his style.
Cold showers are his style. He’s got a way of speaking that’s different, but never heard him say anything bad about anyone. Edit! Google air to fuel ratio and check out the Wikipedia version, what Pops says is pretty much what it says.

Forgive me but im not understanding where this is going. The oil fuel ratio debate is as old as sin. Air fuel ratio is 14.7 to 1. So yes he was close, but again I'm not understanding the bearing that it had with his oil ratio statement. Which has nothing to do with air fuel ratio.

Latest posts

Back