I shoulda asked for more money!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTWoodchuck

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Sold my 6 month old ms290 yesterday after it spent a whopping 14 hours on craigslist. I got $275 as its pretty much new still, 15 or so tanks through it. Guy drove 1.5 hours to my house and didn't even want to start it or cut with it, he was pumped.
I shoulda asked for $300!:bang:
Now the hard part will be to hang on to that cash and put it towards a 4wheeler NOT buy a 555:D

Sold my 6 month old ms290 yesterday after it spent a whopping 14 hours on craigslist. I got $275 as its pretty much new still, 15 or so tanks through it. Guy drove 1.5 hours to my house and didn't even want to start it or cut with it, he was pumped.
I shoulda asked for $300!:bang:
Now the hard part will be to hang on to that cash and put it towards a 4wheeler NOT buy a 555:D

It makes you wonder when people do stuff like that haha. 275 is still alot to me for a used 290. the dealers around me are selling them for 359.00. I think you did great:msp_thumbup:

I don't understand why that saw is so valuable on the used market.... in our area, they have similar resale price to the 026/260 family, but I'd much rather run an 026...!

It makes you wonder when people do stuff like that haha. 275 is still alot to me for a used 290. the dealers around me are selling them for 359.00. I think you did great:msp_thumbup:

Yup, same here. I think $275 was a great price (as a seller) on a used 290 - no matter the condition. However, it only takes one buyer...

I say don't second guess your price. If you wanted to sell it, just be glad it sold. I find that stuff not priced to sell can hang around a loooooong time. SOunds like the buyer was the type I like to deal with. You sell it like it is, he buys on a handshake and trusts that you described it accurately. Good transaction all the way around........ like it should be !! :msp_thumbup:

i am trying to sell a ms290 right now on craigs list for 230 and only one bite and its in good shape

Latest posts

Back